Hair | Move Over Ombre...Pixellated Hair Is Here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
OK, so I'll admit to not making my hair a priority. With a baby and a husband away a lot, it's pretty much the first thing I ignore. I wash it and I basically leave it until I need to wash it again. That said, I'm always fascinated by hair trends and what other people are doing to their hair. I spend a lot of time wishing I could do those things too.

I loved the ombre look. I know it's so last year, but I spent many an afternoon longing for hair long enough and dark enough to be able to pull it off. Now though, it seems the ombre look will give way to what they're calling Pixellated hair this Spring and I'll be honest, I'm not sure. No actually, I am sure. I'm sure I don't like it but this is apparently the next big thing.

The look, called #xpresionpixel, was pioneered by hairdressers Jose Luis Almendral, Marco Antonio Restrepo, and Jorge Cancer at Madrid hair salon X-presion Creativos. And they recreated it for Revlon’s AW14 campaign.

OK...so it looks pretty cool but I have two issues. First, it makes my eyes go funny and that's annoying and secondly I can only imagine it looks rubbish as soon as one hair is out of place?

Anyway, you, the jury, will speak.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 21.40.40.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 21.40.40.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 148

Latest posts

Back