Hair not arriving

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesley13

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

So I ordered a weft from my usual supplier on Monday selected the usual track 24 delivery it always comes next day no problem, it was despatched on Monday - great.

It wasn't delivered on Tuesday then on Wednesday I called the company they gave me the Royal Mail tracking number and told me to call my local sorting office, called them they said they should have it tomorrow (Thursday)

Got into work today checked the tracking about 1pm and there was no updates caked Royal Mail again and they have lost the parcel, or can't track it was their words I need to call the retailer. I called my supplier who have advised it is out of their hands as they despatched it and if I want the hair I need to order it again!

So I have ordered it again as I need it for a client however, does anyone know where I stand with getting a refund for the original?

Lesley x

As far as I'm aware it is Royal Mail problem.. The supplier needs to contact Royal Mail and chase up the parcel as they will have the receipt etc.. You probably won't get a refund from the company but it will have to be claimed through Royal Mail insurance.. If they told you they lost the parcel then they are admitting fault.. Go easy on your supplier, it's not their fault. Chances are it will turn up eventually when the Christmas rush is over.

As far as I'm aware it is Royal Mail problem.. The supplier needs to contact Royal Mail and chase up the parcel as they will have the receipt etc.. You probably won't get a refund from the company but it will have to be claimed through Royal Mail insurance.. If they told you they lost the parcel then they are admitting fault.. Go easy on your supplier, it's not their fault. Chances are it will turn up eventually when the Christmas rush is over.

Yeah I know that once something is posted via Royal Mail legally they own it however, I feel on the other side of it I've paid for something and not received it. Regardless of weather it's a hair supplier or a clothes shop they have duty of care and if o don't receive it I am Entitled to a refund. I was gonna give it till January anyway coz I'm sure I had to be missing for 30 days before anything can be claimed back.

I guess I just feel that the issue is between Royal Mail and my supplier to work out and I shouldn't be out of pocket because of this.

I don't know if I'm over reacting or not it's just a lot of money to be out of pocket at this time of year [emoji17]

This happened to me Friday.... ordered hair for next day delivery. By Tuesday it still hadn't arrived. Same with me supplier told me to call royal mail and gave me tracking number. Royal mail said it's not classed as lost until 5 working days after the due delivery date. I relayed this to my supplier and explained my client was Thursday (today) and they sent me out a new order for next day delivery yesterday and I didn't have to pay again. I arrived this morning.

You shouldn't had to have to pay again xxx

Latest posts

Back