hair salon brand & budgeting - HELP!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leyla

Reaction score
im opening new beauty and hair salon. im qualified beauty therapist and although there will be hair styling within the salon, the hair side is not my expertise.

Therefore not really savy when it comes to what brand to go for on colours, tints, bleaches etc. Please help and what kind of money should i budget for? Got 1 full-time hair stylist to begin with..

Please help. Thanks

To stock and equip a salon usually costs me around £4000. Ask your stylist which brand she prefers to use for colour etc.
To stock a salon retail line is generally an opening order of around £3000.

Hi I am a hairdresser and I have just bought a salon, It has amazed me how much stuff I actually need and use! You need multiples of everything! And It's definately worth paying for high quality dryers,straightners, combs and brushes. And I wouldn't buy and hair colour stock till you have all your hairdressers on board. Every hairdresser has thier preferances. Meet with the reps of all the hair companies too as they are usually keen to help you in some way, see what rep/company can do the most for you. Any other questions dont hesitate to ask!

What skincare brand are you going to retail? some will insist that you carry the full range, some of which you will never sell

Hey guys, thanks for all your comments. Much appreciated...x

Latest posts

Back