Hair up for very long hair! Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nad1a

Reaction score
So I've been practicing this style and I've mastered it on my block which has long hair however the model I have managed to get has very long hair, like down to her ribs. Will this work or shall I try something else? I'm worried that wrapping the barrel curls so many times it won't look so defined :s
I'm new to the whole hair up thing so u don't really have anything else up my sleeve I can do. It's for a bridal comp next week btw.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384538172.714276.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384538189.411903.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384538205.912398.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384538222.648341.jpg

Thanks

Can you do a trial first?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

A good tip with very long hair is to put it into ponytails before barrel curling it. I'd use three or five on your one. Easier to get the curls neat and the whole thing tight.

A good tip with very long hair is to put it into ponytails before barrel curling it. I'd use three or five on your one. Easier to get the curls neat and the whole thing tight.

Thank you for that tip! :D

I agree with ponytails helps to keep everything neat, patrick cameron hair ups on you tube are great to get little hints and tips. 😉

I'm doing a trial on Monday but the comp is the following Monday and now im really nervous :o
Eek, will see how I manage on Monday and will def try the ponytail tip :)

I find the best thing to do with long hair is find somewhere to hide most of it. I would use the hair from the ends of the braided section to do the barrel curls. With the hair on the left that is swept back, I would back comb it and roll it up placing it like hair padding and hide it under the curls. Good luck :)

Done a trial today and it did not go well :( the ends of the pleat were so long and thick I couldn't get it to stay up as it was so heavy :O I'm panicking now but she's coming in again on wed for a final attempt. I may end up having to change my style altogether, not what I need so close to the comp. :(

Instead of tying the pleat in one at the end can you not try tying it in a few so its not so heavy and thick and can be easier hidden?

Instead of tying the pleat in one at the end can you not try tying it in a few so its not so heavy and thick and can be easier hidden?

Yeah, do the braided bit as normal, then whack it in a pony tail where you want the hair to sit. The make smaller plats to pull apart and texture and what not. The thing you've got to say is " well, the pleat worked really well along the head, but not in the bun, how can I finish the pleat where it worked, so that I have to deal with less hair?'

Do what did work, change what didn't. And that doesn't mean you have to change the complete look, you can use different techniques to help you manage that style better - and this is a good thing, because one day you're going to have a weeding party where one bridesmaid has two hairs on her head and another has the whole amazon Forrest up top. And the bride wants then precisely the same :)

Latest posts

Back