Hair up 'tricks'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tess Warwick

Reaction score
Just out of interest, what little tricks do Geeks use when doing up-dos? And what about things like hair pieces, extensions, hair ties, hair pads, etc?

Hair pieces are great,i love using my hair wand to do loose girls and pin them up.Really natural upstyle.I always have my back combing brush at hand and a good hair spray is super important x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I love my wand but when the hair is thick and layerd its difficult to get the ends to curl perfectly so i have my straightners on the side to curl any ends that are straight.
I often use a donut cut in half for a low chingnon padding. its curved and fits good around the head. i like using clip ins to thicken and lengthen the hair ( some of my ablum pics show this) and if u have some one who wants long curly hair pinned to the side then i cut the clip inns into small sections, and clip the in a vertical row down the side of the head then use her hair to sweep across and cover the clips that show.
love wella set spray and elnett as its easy to brush out if u fix itand they change there min. HTH! sorry if i babbled!

my top 3 things are:
a backcomb brush - don't know what i would do without it!!
fudge hair cement - does what it says on the tin!!
small clear snag free bands - i use these to create the base for a lot of styles to make the client look like they have more hair and then use pins to secure the style!

and i of course have to have straighteners, wand, mousse, root boost powder, tail comb, section clips, clip ins, padding........ endless list! my hair up bag is almost the size of my colour bag! i LOVE hair ups though :) x

Latest posts

Back