Hair went green

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanm

Reaction score
Hi everyone, need some help,
I always use a 12.1 on my daughters hair but the roots are a little to oronge for me so I thought if I put a 10.1 + 3% on roots just to try and tone a little, nearly died it turned a horrible brown with a green tinge I felt terrible as I had to bleach it up and she hates it.
Many Thanks in advance x

Did you let it develope for the full time?
What about weaving in some of her natural colour?
Any chance she's pregnant? ... Early days of being pregnant can cause this to happen!

Did you let it develope for the full time?
What about weaving in some of her natural colour?
Any chance she's pregnant? ... Early days of being pregnant can cause this to happen!

I hope not she's 16 ahah, yes I left it on for 30mins, its just got me baffled x

I hope not she's 16 ahah, yes I left it on for 30mins, its just got me baffled x

Perhaps it didn't need leaving on so long and it's just taken too much tone. Some clients i only tone for a matter of minutes

With 10 vol, you only deposit pigments. Majirel .1 are blue ash. Put a blue on yellow and you get jungle blonde! The 10 part of it then grabbed. Ash colours always appear darker than warm tones.

Next to a high lift blonde, a greeny, dingy 10 will look dark.

gentle bleach bath will remove.

Thanks everyone x

10/1 with 10 vol big mistake!

perfect solution for your daughter is bleach bath the roots, then apply 0/6 colour fresh, i swear by 0/6 colour fresh on bright blondes, you just cant go wrong with it.

do not tone her hair with anything else other than an 0/6 i find relights blonde colour touch /18 takes down the tone too much and it doesnt appear as bright, and /86 just isnt strong enough and can give it a pinkish tinge after you use the 12 range. its fine on 10 and lower, and bleach, but not 12 range. dont really know why!

also, if you look at yur koleston perfect book, turn to the back and look at the special mix page, with every shade you go lighterm you require less mix tone ratio to tint. e.g 10 depth is the depth where the y advise the least ammount of mix tone. however, look on 12 and you think 12 should use less mix tone? WRONG! its 3cm to 30g. the thing to remember with 12 is that it is very different to normal koleston tints. it is a HIGH LIFT tint with a lot of mix tone in it.

plus 12 range is ideally used with other colours. not by itself.

Thanks I will go and try the 0/6, only heard good things about that one, I'm not a fan of the 12 ranges just my daughter was not keen on bleach on her hair even though with wella blonder its really gentle and I agree I think I will stick to using the 12's with other colours x

tell her you are the hairdresser and you know her well as shes your daughter so listen to you! ever heard of a star section?

do 3 layering star section, bottom section, do 7/17 root colour, first, and 9/16 lights afterwards and take 7/17 to mid lengths and ends to every hair on your bottom section that is nt in a 9/16 foil.

middle section, do 9/16 root colour, first, then freezelights bleach NOT normal bleach with 1.9% midlengths and ends,and 12% root. same again take 9/16 to mid lengths and ends and only leave hair that is in bleach foils.

top section. top section of star do root col of 10/16 then freeze lights bleach 1.9 midlengths and ends and 12% root. and 12/86 chunky lights. take 10/16 through to midlengths and ends.

if your an experienced colourist this does not sound as time consuming as it does. just have a junior on hand to mix when your about to hit the next section.

backwash: two shampoos, take out some moisture with a towel, apply 0/6 to roots. leave for ten minutes. put on more o/6 after ten mins to mid lengths and ends. leave for another 5. finish!

Anyone else bamboozled?!

Latest posts

Back