Hairdressers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too right Scotty! It's a bit sad when people can't answer questions without getting their heads bitten off by trainee's or newly qualified because "their tutor didn't tell them it". If people don't want clear advice then they shouldn't post, as shouldn't people who are guessing answers then see their bum when corrected.

I have been told people like my no nonsense approach, I've never sugar coated anything in my life, and really don't feel the need to because it may offend someone. But it seems now that we have to change our personalities to suit others, which I'm not willing to do, and that's a reason why I'm reducing posts on here. Xoxo

When it comes to colour I think I have possibly learnt more an here in a month then my (nearly finished) year in college!

Its like a font of knowledge! And I couldn't be happier with all the help I have received x

When it comes to colour I think I have possibly learnt more an here in a month then my (nearly finished) year in college!

Its like a font of knowledge! And I couldn't be happier with all the help I have received x

Agreed!

I'm finishing my level 2 in may and if wasn't for the geeks on here I wouldn't have a clue with most things. X

Can I just pipe up, being blunt and upfront is different to bullying and it got too a point where it was frustrating and upsetting for me to read and it wasn't directed at me

Can I just pipe up, being blunt and upfront is different to bullying and it got too a point where it was frustrating and upsetting for me to read and it wasn't directed at me

Agree

Reactions: dee
Being blunt an upfront is actually how it should be! We come here for advise and answers! It's a shame really that people take things out of context, which Is common problem when reading rather than speaking unfortunately xx

Also a lot of people are experienced colourist/hair dressers looking just for confirmation or new ideas, not all trainees you know

Have any of you considered that what seems rude or blunt in a message may just be what you are reading into it!!??
Also the members with the most knowledge to share have very busy salon lives and don't have an hour to message.... Quick succinct and accurate advice can never be bad can it?

Out of interest those that have found members rude, how on earth do you cope in a salon full of stylists? ;-D

I know I am suffering with baby brain but have I missed something? I didn't realise you could get banned or anyone had been banned xx

Omg! Where have I been? What's been happening?

Have any of you considered that what seems rude or blunt in a message may just be what you are reading into it!!??
Also the members with the most knowledge to share have very busy salon lives and don't have an hour to message.... Quick succinct and accurate advice can never be bad can it?

Out of interest those that have found members rude, how on earth do you cope in a salon full of stylists? ;-D

Agree. I have made the mistake before of trying to answer a colour query while having a fag while next client being shampood, and been snapped at for being 'blunt'. It's not wise to reply if there's no time to sugar coat, or add 'hun' at the end, Hun xx

As I said blunt is different to bullying..
But no one can say they didn't pick up in the constant criticism and put downs! I read nothing wrong
Yes I miss those who have gone and didn't think it would be a ban for good, but as I said bullying is wrong

I really think this has been done to death now. Move along, nothing to see here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back