Hairdressing apprenticeship interview tomorrow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsto23

Reaction score
Hi all wasn't sure if this should go in the hair geek or not as I'm not actually a hair geek, yet!! Haha

I have an interview for a hairdressing apprenticeship tomorrow at an academy in town. I'm soo excited as I wasn't sure which route to take, hair or beauty, I went with beauty and I love it. But I can't see myself doing it as a career. I prefer it as a hobby.

I am intrigued by hair and this was the other route I wanted to take, my question is, have any of you geeks done hair and beauty? Is it criticised? Do you feel like a jack of all trades or do you find you fancied both and preferred one to the other? I'd love to hear your stories :)

Sent from my C5303 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do beauty and nails and have been in the industry for over 2 years now. I *did* want to do hair but I don't think there are enough employed job opportunities to use both skills.

I might like to learn hair at some point but financially I'm not sure what sort of advantage it would give me as an additional skill.

I don't want to do beauty anymore, as a main career choice. I enjoy it as a hobby doing lashes and the odd wax but I would be entirely focused on hair :) xxx

I'm qualified in both, but have only ever really done hair, as there is far more money in it. The beauty training was useful for my own salon though.

Thanks persianista. I thought maybe hair would be better financially and me being a single momma now I have to get as many pennies for my baby! Haha. I can do the training and see which I prefer I guess. At least then I can make a comprehensive decision. Thank you :)

In the US, hair stylists are qualified to work on hair, skin and nails. But I also have an esthetician license because I didn't feel like I had enough training when I went to cosmetology school. I would love to do only esthetics, but there is more money in hair and nails where I live. So that's what I do.

Good luck!:biggrin:

Thanks so much :) I've never been this happy nervous excited for ages :) xxx

Latest posts

Back