Hairdressing stations to rent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherrie Staples

Reaction score
Hi I opened my nail and beauty salon 4 months ago and it's going well. It used to be a hairdressers before I took it on for 23 years, so I have previous clients new clients and my clients asking if I will ever have a hair dresser in my shop. This gave me the push I needed to get it set up in the back for hairdressers to rent I have 2 back washes and 3 stations to let in a clean a well presented space. I am asking £85 per week all bills included even the laundry liquid to wash your towels and tea and coffee ect. I have limited parking right outside shop but plenty of parking very close by and I am on a main road 5 mins from the motor way.
My question is what would draw you in? Is there a better way to word my advert is there anything I should look at including?

Attachments

• hair dressing stations.jpg
    hair dressing stations.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 14
  • backwashes.jpg
    backwashes.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 12
It looks and sounds very reasonable for the price so I’m sure you’ll get plenty of interest if you advertise it quite widely.

However, I’d be more concerned to ensure that the hairdresser you rent to, suits your business. You could do with finding a hairdresser buddy to help you interview prospective candidates as you need to ensure they share your work ethic and are very experienced and competent. Just being qualified for 5 years is no guarantee that their work is of a high standard. If their clients complain about the service, it could reflect badly on your salon even though you are just their landlady.

I’d strongly recommend getting a professionally drawn up contract to ensure both parties are clear about the terms of the agreement.

Best of luck with your venture. :)

It looks and sounds very reasonable for the price so I’m sure you’ll get plenty of interest if you advertise it quite widely.

However, I’d be more concerned to ensure that the hairdresser you rent to, suits your business. You could do with finding a hairdresser buddy to help you interview prospective candidates as you need to ensure they share your work ethic and are very experienced and competent. Just being qualified for 5 years is no guarantee that their work is of a high standard. If their clients complain about the service, it could reflect badly on your salon even though you are just their landlady.

I’d strongly recommend getting a professionally drawn up contract to ensure both parties are clear about the terms of the agreement.

Best of luck with your venture. :)

Thank you for your feed back. Lucky for me a member of my partners family is a good hairdresser who i trust with my own hair and has her own loyal client base. I am sure if I asked she would be more than happy to give me her professional opinion.
With regards to contracts I have heard that an NUF (think thats the way the letter go) contract can be drawn up for around £200 upwards so I am researching that currently but any further advise would be appreciated.

Maybe paint a picture of what their life would be like renting a space from you? Eg.

“Imagine running your own hair business from a beautiful space, in an already successful salon; in a great location, only minutes from the motorway and plenty of nearby parking.

Welcome to [ salon name].

Join us, from £85 pw all inclusive.

Oh yes, and we’re a friendly lot!”

Or some such wording?

Good luck.
Andrew
:)

Latest posts

Back