Halo Christmas gels patchy application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cremeegg92

Reaction score
Hello, I’ve recently gotten my gel nail certificate (just varnish not enhancements) and I’ve bought some of the Christmas Halo Gels. They are potted so I’ve been trying them out with a Glitterbels gel brush - a flat square shaped one. For some reason the colours seem to be quite patchy when cured but they don’t seem patchy on application so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, would glitter colours always need a base opaque colour underneath to solve this issue? I don’t think my prep is the problem as I don’t have any issues with normal colours. Thank you!

Hello, I’ve recently gotten my gel nail certificate (just varnish not enhancements) and I’ve bought some of the Christmas Halo Gels. They are potted so I’ve been trying them out with a Glitterbels gel brush - a flat square shaped one. For some reason the colours seem to be quite patchy when cured but they don’t seem patchy on application so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, would glitter colours always need a base opaque colour underneath to solve this issue? I don’t think my prep is the problem as I don’t have any issues with normal colours. Thank you!

Are you using the correct lamp for the Halo system?

Are you using the correct lamp for the Halo system?

I'm using the lamp I got with my nail course. It isn't a Halo Gel lamp. However, I'm not sure this is the issue because the lady who did my course uses the lamp she chose for us, and I've seen her using these colours without the same patchy issue that I've got :/

Latest posts

Back