Halo hell!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautylush

Reaction score
Hey, I just cannot get mine to work.

Ive tried no wipe - nothing and ive tried tacky layer - nothing :( boooooooo any ideas?

Hey, I just cannot get mine to work.

Ive tried no wipe - nothing and ive tried tacky layer - nothing :( boooooooo any ideas?
I gave it a go last night.. i was baffled.
I used it over a no wipe top coat and it started leaving patches then I used a top coat with a tacky layer put it over the top.. it gave a very good holo but it wasn't bringing through the under colour...

Ive watched a few vids today but nothing is consistent... it works for others in different ways.

Im coing to try dry wiping tonight to see if i can get the under colour coming through.

Hopefully someone will guide us

I found I needed to really load up the applicator and put quite a lot of pressure when I used it on myself. My first hand was patchy but my second was fine once I got the hang of it. X

Are you referring to Magpie's Halo?
I was having problems with it. Wouldn't stick at all to no wipe top coat it just slid straight off. I've applied straight onto cured colour coat but under colour doesn't show through and looks quite grey, still looks pretty though. I've found the best method is to cure my no wipe top coat for 20 seconds rather than 30 seconds, makes the world of difference! Super sparkly holo and under colour shows through :)

Are you referring to Magpie's Halo?
I was having problems with it. Wouldn't stick at all to no wipe top coat it just slid straight off. I've applied straight onto cured colour coat but under colour doesn't show through and looks quite grey, still looks pretty though. I've found the best method is to cure my no wipe top coat for 20 seconds rather than 30 seconds, makes the world of difference! Super sparkly holo and under colour shows through :)

Great.. ill try flash curing this...

How funny I was going to do a post called halo hell! Ok so I've tried wiping the top just once and gently, I've tried not wiping, I've tried no wipe topcoat and I've tried wiping with isopropyl alcohol which seemed to work wonders on some holo but not halo it seems.
So I shall try no wipe top coat again but only a 20 second cure!

Latest posts

Back