Hard gel infill issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerGirlNails

Reaction score
HI all, I'm in the States and relatively new to enhancements. I work mainly with clear hard gel and usually polish with regular or gel polish.

My problem comes when time to infill and rebalance. While I know I'm going to cover up the nail with polish in the end, I still want my infill to look seamless and flawless with the already existing enhancement. But for some reason, on many of the nails I infill, I can see the spot where the old gel meets the newly laid gel. It is usually a white line, and no matter how much I e-file or hand file (I'm afraid to file too much!!) I can see this line. It isn't on all of the nails, and it is quite frustrating. I also ensure that I am cleansing properly so that it isn't dust.

Am I doing something wrong? Or do I need to file more?

Any suggestions will be tried :)

Hi, do you mean the white line as in where the old product is lifting you must make sure all lifting is totally filed away! I had awful trouble at first with chasing the line but with reading all the advice on this website I learned you must always file before the lifting never on top of it as it just makes the product which is adhered to the nail lift also! So always file before it not on it! Hope this makes sense

Hi, do you mean the white line as in where the old product is lifting you must make sure all lifting is totally filed away! I had awful trouble at first with chasing the line but with reading all the advice on this website I learned you must always file before the lifting never on top of it as it just makes the product which is adhered to the nail lift also! So always file before it not on it! Hope this makes sense

it does make sense! I will try that. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back