Hard gel or acrylic?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caiwei1828

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am new to here, any help will be absolutely appri I barely got my nail license the cosmotology board of California, and I have been doing basic manicures and gel manicures on my family friends etc...I feel like I am getting a hang of the Gel Manicure...But I am not starting my nail career from here because I want to do nail extensions too. At the end I want to open a nail salon in my new house. um...REALLY STRUGLING now in between Gel and Acrylic. AHHH
I was trained with acrylic but the training was only targeted to pass the licensing exam not to service real clients, and I practiced only on a fake manikin hand since thats what the exam wanted me to do. I believe that whichever one I go with at the end I will have to take a corresponding course with it.
Now I have narrowed down to Young Nails Acrylic and IBD Hard Gel. The price point of the products are what I can afford and they both have great reviews. ======== But which one should I go with? AHH
Here in California nail clients are more used to acrylic, only high end salons offer hard gels. We have about 1 salon in my area (10 km2) offers hard gels, and the rest 6 salons offer only acrylics. I feel like offering hard Gels will be better for me working at home because gel doesnt stink, but many clients are used to acrylic...acrylic feels harder on their nails supposedly so they might not feel used to the gel extension?...
What do you guys think? Which one should I pick?

Both, then you provide the right product for the clients needs not yours.

Latest posts

Back