Hard gel vs L&P?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenniLB

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This is my first post on here as I've already managed to find lots of threads to answer my questions so far!

I'm newly qualified in gel polish, shellac, manicure and pedicure, but would LOVE to train in a product that will offer my clients the chance to have nail extensions included.

I've been doing some research, and I'm unsure what to go for in terms of training in a hard gel or L&P. I've been leaning towards gel but there are lots of different brands and ways to apply.

So far I've researched CND Brisa, Biosculpt and Trinity, hard gel, L&P, dipping powders...!!

Literally looking for you to give me your insights, recommendations and advice!

THANKS IN ADVANCE <3 xxx

I’ve just trained in gel and l&p but I’ve done a generic vtct course so not brand specific. If your CND trained and doing shellac and you have the CND lamp I would say go for the CND brisa gel. I think having trained in them all (my course also includes fibreglass) just pick one and get to grips with it. So say just go with brisa gel and get really good at it, then once you’ve mastered that look at l&p and so on and so on. One thing I learnt from doing my vtct is that gel and acrylic are much much harder than mani/pedi and gel polish (I did this course first). Gel and l&p takes skill and time to learn and perfect. The People that do it are very skilled and I have lots of admiration for them. I don’t think jo public realise how hard it is to learn. There are lots of other good brands too but I would try to stick to one then you won’t make lots of expensive mistakes like me xx

Hey everyone,

This is my first post on here as I've already managed to find lots of threads to answer my questions so far!

I'm newly qualified in gel polish, shellac, manicure and pedicure, but would LOVE to train in a product that will offer my clients the chance to have nail extensions included.

I've been doing some research, and I'm unsure what to go for in terms of training in a hard gel or L&P. I've been leaning towards gel but there are lots of different brands and ways to apply.

So far I've researched CND Brisa, Biosculpt and Trinity, hard gel, L&P, dipping powders...!!

Literally looking for you to give me your insights, recommendations and advice!

THANKS IN ADVANCE <3 xxx
Young Nails Acrylic and Hard gel is amazing also Missu Gels are lovely, it's always good to train in both as some clients who hate the smell of acrylics gel can be good to offer or some people prefer the feel of gel x

Hi guys thank you for your responses!

Ok so I reckon I'm going to try and train with CND Brisa, but out of interest do you think I should do a generic hard gel course first or not?

I can't decide if it's going to be overkill or not worth the money.

Thanks for your advice xx

I would actually recommend learning L&P first as most find that the most challenging, and it's easier to then make the jump to hard gel.

If you are training in Brisa, or any other CND system, I would refrain from taking a generic hard gel course. CND will teach you everything you need to know. Plus, you'd need to have products to practice with as you worked through the course and you wouldn't be able to use Brisa until you were qualified. Each product is different and handles in its own way, so there's no point struggling with a lesser generic brand to then have to relearn when you do the CND course.

At college we did our training with CND, and I was totally unimpressed with it. My nails weren’t lasting or looking good. Just recently did my conversion with INK London, which I’ve been using for the past 2 years and my nails have improved so much. If you’re near a trainer for them I totally recommend it!

Don’t bother doing the generic course, if your going to use brisa just do it with cnd anf it will save you a lot of time and money. I’m just trying out ink London have to say I really like their gel polish.

Latest posts

Back