Hardly anyone on here using Xen-Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisam-mobile

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks!
I'm fairly new to tanning - set up mobile a month ago and I trained using Xen-Tan and have stuck with that brand as getting quite a bit of interest in it.
But I'm wondering why no one on here uses it? Lots of you are raving about other brands and I'm tempted to try some of what you lot have got! Think I'll order some samples tomorrow. Have any of you tried Xen-Tan and how does it compare to the others?

i use xen tan !!! lol

we absoltly love it !! its the best tan i have ever used and natural just as my clients like , we sell the bottles of lotion like hot cakes.

How are you finding it ?

kayls

ohh and i find it much better compared to other tans because

1 ) colour
2) lasts 7-10 days (really!!)
3) does not come off scaley
4 ) smells fab
5) home products very easy to apply at home
6) never streaks !
7) natural

Thanks for your reply! I'm finding it great although using way too much solution. Going to turn my gun lower and get closer, think I've had it turned up too high and been standing too far away from my clients. Yes, it lasts ages! Glad someone else is using it!

I have been using it for over a year now and my clients love it. There are certain tans that are popular on this site. Xen tan isnt one of them. That being said, it is a luxurious and fabulous tan, as if you have been on holiday for a week.

Why isnt it popular on this site, do you have any idea?

Why isnt it popular on this site, do you have any idea?

There are just some brands that geeks prefer and work for them on here! I like Xentan as it works for my clients and I!

I use Xen-Tan!! Have been for only 2 months now, but i switched from fake bake.......got fed up of waiting - Xen-Tan's customer service is fantastic!!

I've been using xen tan for 2 years now, was actually going to switch to organics (i get the 14% from them as xen just wasn't dark enough for some clients including me lol) but have decided to keep it as clients are asking for it by name now ;-) need to order this week going to ask for a sample with their own booster drops in, as I added a shed load with hardly a difference :-o only bug bear is I have to get my oil free mistifier from fake bake, tan from 2 different companies postage adds up :'(
Customer service is excellent but they dont cater for the one man band, sick asking for smaller bottles I usually just about manage to use a half gallon before it goes off and wish they would sell single products at cost instead of double the price! Other companies do. Oh dear I seem to have had a rant :-o lol apart from that fab product! X

Hi Sarah - I've got the booster drops for Xen-Tan and they don't really make any difference I find. This is very naive of me (I'm new to this) but what is oil free mistifier and what do you use that for?

never used it as i use auastralian gold. has anybody tried that solution.

Hi Sarah - I've got the booster drops for Xen-Tan and they don't really make any difference I find. This is very naive of me (I'm new to this) but what is oil free mistifier and what do you use that for?

Its an oil free moisturiser in a spray can ;-) fab for spraying clients dry bits before tan, and I have tried lots of oil free moisturisers for keeping tan looking good and this is the best one! Wish i'd tried it ages ago lol used to get horrid snake skin effect legs after 2-3 days but now it fades off evenly like the rest of my tan :-D x

That sounds handy. I don't ever get scaly bits and just use unperfumed moisturiser to do clients feet, hands, knees and elbows but do you use the spray on those parts of your clients? Sounds quicker than me sitting on my honkers rubbing moisturiser into their feet!

This thread has been very reassuring!! I am just about to start out using Xen-tan spray and selling their retail products and I was slightly wary as to why it is not very popular amongst salon geeks!!
However the comments above are enough for me to continue with Xen-tan, I have used the self tanning range myself & it is lovely and a really gorgeous colour AND the girls at Xen-tan are lovely!! Really friendly & top customer service
xxxx

i was using fake bake, but got fed up of the terrible customer service from them. I tried a sample of xen tan but i didnt find it dark enough tbh.

I am now using siennaX and LOVE IT. can't say enough good things about it

choice of colours
lasts good 7 days if not more
looks natural
smells fab
company are brill

but in saying that, u find what works best for u, and ur customers and if thats xen tan, just because not everyone here uses it, makes no difference.

never does any harm to try other products. u might like one, and be content with it, and then try another u LOVE and cant stop raving about

LOVE Xen tan.
Everyone in my area seems to do Sienna tan and i hate it tbh i think it's one of the worse tans i have ever had.
I tried loads of tans when i opened my salon but Xen tan was amazing. It took sometime to get the name out there but with a few offers it's really taken off. :wink2:

I had some samples sent from them . One said it had booster drops in it but no idea what depth they are. I know they dont do % as such so it will be a case of spray and see but most of my clients want 16% sienna X so probably not dark enough for me
:rolleyes:

Yes, thing is if there is oil in the product you are using it might affect the outcome of the tan, and also not using an oil free moisturiser after tan can affect it hth xx

your trainer should have told you this in training
That sounds handy. I don't ever get scaly bits and just use unperfumed moisturiser to do clients feet, hands, knees and elbows but do you use the spray on those parts of your clients? Sounds quicker than me sitting on my honkers rubbing moisturiser into their feet!

Hi, I tried the sample of Xen Tan and found the smell awful, it was very sickly....I don't think I could have worked with that every day...does anyone else find the Xentan smell offputting? perhaps it's just me. I use Sienna X but have recently been buying Cocobay from crystals it is a lot cheaper (£38 inc. vat & postage) for 1 litre and gives a really golden colour. it has been really popular with my clients with many changing from sienna to this. I just had a flyer through for www.thegoldentan.co.uk and that is only £22.99 a litre and that includes VAT & postage!! this sounds a bit too good to be true, has anyone tried this solution, is it ok?
thanks

A latest addition to the Xen-Tan collection is Scent Secure - our new oil-free and firming moisturiser, which could be used instead of the Fake Bake mystifier. Although it isn't a spray, it can be purchased in packs of 6, 12 and 24 by calling 0844 800 7661. The need for an oil-free moisturiser is crucial to preparing the clients skin if they suffer from dry skin in certain areas and it is ideal to up-sell after the client’s treatment.

You can read a bit more about it on our website here http://www.xen-tan.co.uk/item/Xen-Tan-Scent-Secure/59

With regards to the Xen-Tan Mist Concentrate Drops – they are very popular with clients who like an initial deeper guide colour, and they will tint the skin so the colour lasts for a couple of days longer. If you would like to request a new sample to try, please PM your details and we can post out straight away for you. One thing you do need to consider, is that the instructions are followed when adding it to your gallon or half gallon.

Latest posts

Back