Has any one successfully connected a TomTom One to their pc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Linz

Reaction score
Mine is gonna get thrown through the window soon :cry:

I've had it over a year and thought i'd best get an updated map for it, as at the moment it gets lost around the A1 whenever i go north of doncaster.

Can someone give me a step by step of what i should be doing?

This is what i'm doing: connect the tomtom to the pc, switch tomtom on which in turn loads up the 'Home' software, then whatever option picture i click on it tells me how to connect my tomtom to the pc (even though its already connected and shows up under 'My Computer') even when i go to check my device contents.

I haven't downloaded a map from their website yet because the website said to check the device's contents first to see if there was enough space.

I've emailed their support team 3 times so far but they haven't told me anything that i haven't already tried (i.e. uninstalling and reinstalling the software, checking to see if its recognised in 'my computer')

I know its a long shot, but if any geeks have any ideas please help. Pretty please :hug:

:grr:

Mine is gonna get thrown through the window soon :cry:

I've had it over a year and thought i'd best get an updated map for it, as at the moment it gets lost around the A1 whenever i go north of doncaster.

Can someone give me a step by step of what i should be doing?

This is what i'm doing: connect the tomtom to the pc, switch tomtom on which in turn loads up the 'Home' software, then whatever option picture i click on it tells me how to connect my tomtom to the pc (even though its already connected and shows up under 'My Computer') even when i go to check my device contents.

I haven't downloaded a map from their website yet because the website said to check the device's contents first to see if there was enough space.

I've emailed their support team 3 times so far but they haven't told me anything that i haven't already tried (i.e. uninstalling and reinstalling the software, checking to see if its recognised in 'my computer')

I know its a long shot, but if any geeks have any ideas please help. Pretty please :hug:

:grr:

Three words... DON'T DO IT....!!!

My hubby connected our tom tom to our computer and tried to download their new and updated software - like tom tom tells you... hubby is in IT so he knew exactly what he was doing..

BUT doing so damaged our tomtom completely... when we switch the tomtom back on.. the memory card was damaged and the tomtom would not load up at all...

So we took it back to halfords - where we bought it - they offered to fix it for us... when we ask what the cause of the problem was they told us this:

That tom tom has put the software up on their website for customers to upgrade and download even though there was a problem with their software... we were not the first ones to bring a problem tomtom back after trying to download something.. everyone else had exactly the same problem...

When took it back to halfords asking for help.. the first question they asked was 'did you connect it to your computer and try to download something?'

Apparently.. tomtom do not want to admit that they have a problem with their software and have just let it stay there without any warning to customers..

Halfords was not able to fix our tomtom.. usually they would take the tomtom back and re-install the software as how you bought it... so in the end... after about 4 months of going forwards and backwards... they have decided to change it to a completely new one for us under their guarantee...

We were lucky to be able to get a brand new replacement.. but depending on where you got your tomtom from.. others may not be so lucky..

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I don't know where it was from, it was a pressie 2 christmas's ago, but as soon as my dad is home i'll ask him, and see if he has the receipt and how long the guarantee is.

I know enough about pc's to know its connected, but it just isn't showing up on the software!

I can see me having to buy a new one :grr:

Latest posts

Back