Has anyone bought a section of someone's garden/land?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titch16

Reaction score
So me & my partner went to see a house yesterday & we really like it. Problem is it doesn't have parking, driveway, garage etc-which is a must for us having 1 child & 1 on the way plus my partner works on cars.

It's a detached house but is in a strange position. Well anyway we approached one neighbour to see if he would be willing to sell part of his garden to us if we were to buy the house but he declined as he's having a conservatory :(

There is another house with a very small garden which leads on to the main road which doesn't look used as its a shop with a flat above. The person who owns the house is away so got to wait to approach him.

I'm wondering what kind of costs are involved because not only will (if he accepts) will we have to buy the land (which he could pick any price)I think we will have to ask the council as we will be going over a footpath, plus then pay a builder as we would need the driveway doing which looks like quite a job as the house we want is higher up from the main road. The garden to the house is huge so our plan would be to have a garage if we can get the drive.

I was wondering if anyone else has done anything similar to this? Thankyou :)

my parents bought a very small piece of the neighbours garden that backed on to ours, it was a few hundred pounds and they said the price and was all done through solicitors, sorry i cant be more helpful as was years ago :( xx

Well thank you for your reply anyway. Can't really do anything more until the home owner comes back from his holidays but I doubt it's going to happen but I love the house :( x

Well thank you for your reply anyway. Can't really do anything more until the home owner comes back from his holidays but I doubt it's going to happen but I love the house :( x
Ah well fingers crossed, maybe they will, good luck least they will be in a good mood back from hols :)xx

Our neighbour bought 12ft of our garden. I dont know exactly how much they paid for it but my parents did pretty well out of the deal. It even included a brick summer house in our garden which could eventually be my home salon!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back