Has anyone done a paid fb advert?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkknailss

www.luxetanning.co.uk #Princess
Reaction score
I was looking today and it looks a whole lot better than gumtree!

But would i advertise my website or my fb like page?
Can anyone recommend how much per day?

I tried to search but not alot came up

When I bought my website I got a free $50 voucher. I've been using it for 2 months, you set how much you want to spend and over how long. I've got about 100 new likes, had a few enquiries but no new clients as yet. So far I'm pretty happy with it, I'm gonna spend some of the voucher on running an offer in June. But I probably like it more because it was a free voucher. Might be worth a try for a small amount of moment to start with?

Yes, I do paid fb ads, but not for my salon businesses, for other ventures where marketing needs to be worldwide. I'm not entirely sure how much point there is to advertising outside your own locality for a salon.

You can set up your fb adverts to target certain people in certain areas. Eg. Only women within a certain distance from your salon and then add things such as keywords so any women that mentioned on fb that they like nails, nail art etc

Yes. Waste of money. Google adwords is so much better.

People on Facebook are not in buying mode. How many of the adverts on the side can you name? I ignore them.

Whereas those that find you in google are in buying mode looking for your service.

But would i advertise my website or my fb like page?

Depends what you want your overall result to be, but generally I'd suggest diverting back to your profile. It's cheaper from memory, and you get better results - and you can always link back to your site from your Facebook page.

People on Facebook are not in buying mode. How many of the adverts on the side can you name? I ignore them.

Whereas those that find you in google are in buying mode looking for your service.

There's a fair bit of argument over this; you're right to some degree, which is why I'd normally recommend liking the page rather than trying to sell. That way you can boost your visibility to people who are already interested in the kind of service you provide.

Conversely, while Google Ads can be useful, they're often more expensive and the general consensus is that they don't result in a lot of clicks. Facebook know a great deal more about your personal preferences than Google, so you can really tightly focus on your target market to a massive degree of accuracy, something you can't do on Google.

I think im going to try it, if not its not a lot of money wasted!

I was going to but then I thought when have I ever gone onto Facebook hoping to buy anything? Never. I think Google is better for this as people go there for more deals and to actually buy things, but might be worth a try just to test it! but promoting your facebook page to those who are interested in beauty is always a good thing x

I would say google ads - you only pay if someone clicks. In my opinion it is better to do a good website, have it well optimised for google (seo), registered on google maps and if you want paid advertising go for google ads.

With a website you can design it how you like and have your business presented like you want it to be. I think its a very professional way of presenting your business.

Facebook use to be good in terms of having your business page 'liked' - so was good to have as an extra and put new news on for the people who liked your page - so it was good to promote your page. But now you have to pay to get new likes and when you update only a small number will get it.

Dont underestimate how much google know about you. And you cant get more specific than someone searching for example 'nails Liverpool' - they obviously want to find a nail salon in Liverpool - and your ad will appear - and probably your website too.

You can also add a snippet from your facebook updates to be automatically added to your website. So in your promotional material you could just promote your website address but on there will be your latest facebook updates.

This is just my view - have to say I think now that Facebook have changed in that only a proportion of the people who like your page get to see your updates, it is only of very limited use - which is a shame. I use to do both my website and facebook but now all my focus is on my website.

Before using google ads I would just do a google search for say "beauty therapist" and the area your business is in, if you come up on page 1 it might not be worth it. I've tried FB ads recently just set it to $2 a day over a week, tried 1 for Shrinking Violet got 1 booking and some new likes and then ran another ad (same budget same timeframe) that was just general and that got more new likes but no business as yet. Also Gumtree works well for me and is free :0) Trial and experiment is your best bet IMHO :0)

I find that Google Adwords is useless! I had an advert on there for about a month, it got plenty of clicks but not a single person contacted me from it. Just stick with the free Google stuff like meta keywords and descriptions, and webmaster tools.

As with Facebook, I paid for an advert for a week, at £3 a day and I got a massive response. The quickest and best way to do it is at the top of the page, in the Admin area, under the notifications, it should say something like 'daily budget' or 'promote page'. Just do that, and with one click, you will get about 20 likes per day!

Hope this helps
Michael

I tried Facebook ads and only got 3 likes in 5 days and it cost me £10 - not had a single bit of business from it!

i used facebook adverts lately, and got a great response, limited it to 1.50 a day and ran it for a week, got 77 new likes, be careful when creating your ads for some reason it sets up two one a sponsored story and one for likes (or maybe i am doing it wrong) i removed the sponsored story and went with the likes and got a great response.

My budget is very limited but i hope to run another one before the end of the month.

havent tried google ads yet as just finished a web design course and the plan in july is to get my website up and running.

The bit I don't get is once you have likes on your page what then? If you do updates only a fraction of likers get them

Hello!
I just did a £7 advert for new likes running from 12.30 tomorrow till 8pm!
Wish me luck!

Really though, you can't just put an ad up once and hope it gets business.. it is about CONSISTENCY.. you need to pay for your ad month after month for an extended period of time to see any results..

I have done a Facebook ad, I set it at £7.00 for a week. I only used £5.30. I had 5 new likes and several people ask about treatments but not book.
I found I get more likes if I share the page my self through the selling groups on fb. I also once a month share my page on friends profiles. All I ask is for them to like the post so their friends can see. In my fb ad I had my website address. So people looked on there as well, I have a page counter and I had about 50-60 new views over that week.

I am going to do a google ad but I'm still a little unsure all about how it runs x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I have done a 'boost this post' on FB that goes to friends of those that already like my page. I set a budget, got several likes, masses of hits onto my webpage (I always include it in the post) and several bookings. The last one I did got me 250 hits to my website in one day. The more your name is bandied about, the more you are at the front of peoples minds when their regular salon is busy or more people see your special offer etc. Going to friends of existing 'likes' also reinforces your name - thats the place the so and so goes to etc. Advertising isn't one size fits all. It's a case of trying a bit of this and a bit of that, and hopefully getting lots of clients!

Really though, you can't just put an ad up once and hope it gets business.. it is about CONSISTENCY.. you need to pay for your ad month after month for an extended period of time to see any results..

Well yes obviously, but it would help to know if it works getting a few likes or not

Ok ladies! Here it is! I wanted to spend £7 so not sure how it ended up being £14...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 103

Latest posts

Back