Has anyone done this.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missbad

Reaction score
Hi

I am at college doing level 2, And i also go in voluntary into a salon every week.

However i am only doing friends hair and would like to practice more.
Has anyone gone mobile while doing level 2 and still training. i would not deal with colouring hair but i feel confident in cutting.

I am unsure on the law of building a client base while training and doing peoples hair.

All help would be appreciated.

Hi , i am also unsure of the law , but you will need insurance and i know that they ask you for your qualifications ,and also you would need to register for tax and National insurance contributions . Personally i would wait as you dont want to be misleading the consumer.

Hi , i am also unsure of the law , but you will need insurance and i know that they ask you for your qualifications ,and also you would need to register for tax and National insurance contributions . Personally i would wait as you dont want to be misleading the consumer.

Hi

Yeah i do agree and will wait thank you for your advice :)

If its friends and family....yeah I did that while still training.

Always make it clear that you are still training!

If its strangers... I wouldnt touch them until you have your qualification!

Although you don't actually have to have a hairdressing qualification to open a hairdressers in the UK (Yes this is mad isnt it?!)...you need insurance etc when dealing with the general public and nobody would really insure you at a fair price...when you are still training - high liability

x

i agree if your still doing level 2 just stick to friends and family, until you get your level 2 certificate/qualification your not classed as a trained hairdresser and your level 1 certificate will only allow you to legally do certain things, wash hair style hair etc....so stick to friends and family ...

Just do friends and family! People sue these days and you wouldn't want that with no public liability insurance!

Latest posts

Back