Has anyone ever had a tattoo cut out (surgical excision)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pippadoodle

Reaction score
Has anyone or do you know of anyone who has had a tattoo cut out (surgical excision).

My son wants to have his tattoo removed the quickest way possible, laser would take too long. The tattoo is on his forearm. He has an appointment at Bupa tomorrow but I would be grateful for any advice if anyone has any experience of scarring, recovery cost etc.:hug:

My sister had a tattoo on her wrist (inside) and had surgery to cut it out. Because of the location and the fact that the area had less skin (and she's thin anyway so not much to stretch etc) they could only cut out some of it. She does have scarring too but it's not horrendous. Does look a little bit odd with a little bit of tattoo there and she said was extremely painful (probably due to location once again).

She has a huge tattoo on her back too which she started to get lasered off but she's postponed treatment because it's VERY expensive and more painful than getting the tattoo put on! :eek:

HTH x

Thanks for replies, just an update, went to see consultant today, he is booked in for Monday evening to have done. The larger one on the forearm can be cut out no problem, the star he has on his wrist, can be cut, but like you said, will be left with slight points of the star. Recovery will be 7/10 days, will be left with scaring. He has chosen to have this done, otherwise will not be able to continue with his training, as no tattoos allowed. :hug:

Hope all goes well x :hug:

Latest posts

Back