Has anyone ever wittnessed crime?......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Justice System?.....Ha! It's obviously the same in all countries

No wonder lots of people are reluctant to talk to the police if this is the sort of thing that can happen! And all because some clerk at the court mislead you!

Anyway, when I worked for the benefits office many years ago, as usual, I cut through the square opposite my office to get to the shops at lunch time. On the way back, I noticed blood all over the path, a man on the ground with blood all over him being looked after by a couple of my colleagues, and an air ambulance about to land. It was only when I got back to work that I found out that there had been an argument between two claimants. They were told to leave the building, and they went over to the square and started fighting. One pulled out a machete, and started hacking the other in the head and shoulder. My workmates witnessed what happened from the window, and apparently I was walking through the square at the time!!! I know I'm dozy, but I really must have been asleep that day to have missed that!!

Secondly, I was a victim of crime rather than a witness. On my 21st birthday, I was followed home from the chip shop by this man who had been bothering me the week before. He looked a bit drugged up, so I tried to ignore him. When I got to my front door, my first thought was that I didn't want this man to know where I lived, so I walked a bit further along, and then told him to leave me alone. He then grabbed me, and started pulling me towards a car, and told me in graphic detail, what he was going to do. Luckilly, two teenage boys came along and frightened him off. This happened on a bright summers day as well, so its not like it was late at night!!! Still frightens me up to this day.

Reading this thread makes me feel like I have lead a really sheltered life!! I have seen a few catfights break out in pubs and last week saw a lady shoplift in Asda but thats it.
Reminds me why living in up here has its good points!

I was on holiday few years ago to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, My uncle lives there so I was staying at his apartment, On my first day in the country, I had just come out of the apartment with my cousin waking to the lift (18th floor) when I was attacked with a baseball bat:eek: by a woman!! she hit me on the back of the head and tried to snatch my bag, as she went to hit me again I put my hand up to protect myself and managed to grab hold of the bat, while hitting her with my handbag, she then let go of the bat and started to run off, in the madness of it all I started to run after her!!! Until reality hit home and I burst into tears, my cousin just stood screaming with shock. We got into the lift and went to report it to the staff there, and I'm still holding on to the bat in floods of tears!! Looking back I can laugh about it, but at the time I was terrified being in the apartment and spent the rest of the holiday in a hotel, I've been back to Malaysia many times since so it hasn't put me off the country.

Luckily that's the only thing that's happened to me.

Latest posts

Back