Has anyone set up from home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi girls I'm finally taking the plunge to work part time since being qualified for 9years in hair extensions.

I'm starting from scratch as I'm moving house to a new area and expecting my rainbow baby in April.

At the moment I will only be working weekends due to childcare issues during the week days.

Has anyone set up home? I would love to be in a salon but for just now from home will be more beneficial as I wont have any overheads. Im training in the new naked weave / invisi weave method before baby comes.

Any advice from experiencing fork working from home. I wont have a spare room but I will have a designated area set up so that it does look professional. Currently sorting out insurance as well.

Sorry for the long post, needing some guidance and some positivity that I can do this and make it work even though I know it will be hard work starting up from scratch again xx

hi lovely firstly congrats on your rainbow baby
ok so i closed my salon down and now work from home doing nails and rent space in a local salon 2 days doing hair, so in my opinion on the home front are you renting or buying? if you have a mortgage make sure you get the mortgage providers permission otherwise it can void your mortgage, if its rented make sure you get the landlords permission in writing to confirm you can actually work there. also give your local council a ring, each one is different so just call for advise most will ask whether it will disturb the neighbours etc how loud? how many clients per day? and do you have adequate parking for the customers coming to your house. as long as everything is all above board you haven't got anything to worry about

good luck with your new venture and baby xxxx

hi lovely firstly congrats on your rainbow baby
ok so i closed my salon down and now work from home doing nails and rent space in a local salon 2 days doing hair, so in my opinion on the home front are you renting or buying? if you have a mortgage make sure you get the mortgage providers permission otherwise it can void your mortgage, if its rented make sure you get the landlords permission in writing to confirm you can actually work there. also give your local council a ring, each one is different so just call for advise most will ask whether it will disturb the neighbours etc how loud? how many clients per day? and do you have adequate parking for the customers coming to your house. as long as everything is all above board you haven't got anything to worry about

good luck with your new venture and baby xxxx
Thank you for replying I'm moving from private accommodation to council house rented. I will contact my local council for permission and see what they say. Parking is fine as I have plenty of parking. Dont think any disturbance will be caused as only doing hair extensions at the weekend. Yes I will have public liability insurance as well as home insurance.

Yes I will check this all out as soon as I've moved. Thank you for replying to my post much appreciated :) xx

fabulous, good luck with it all hunni xxxx

Starting off from your home is a great way to start your business however if you do go through with it all the way, long term, will you still be using your home? If you do reach that point in your career, will you want to move out of your home? All of these questions are important and need to be considered, but regardless of your decision, good luck with everything! Also, if you looking into the salon business I would also highly recommend using a booking software such as ChakraEdge! Check out our website.

Latest posts

Back