Has anyone shaped natural nails into a ballerina/coffin shape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckayclayt

Reaction score
I have client with very long naturals that inquired, but I honestly couldn't recall having seen it done. Does anyone have experience doing this? If so, how do you create a balanced nail shape?

I've not gone coffin/ballerina but I have got long natural nails that I've worn as an 'almondetto' for the last couple of months. I've done my nails today and filed to a full stiletto (which are incredibly sharp, and slightly terrifying as a result!).

How long are the client's nails and how much length do they want to keep? Based on my experience, I'd file to a stiletto first (so you can get the point centred between free edge and eponychium), then square the free edge. This does loose more length, but ensures your overall nail shape is nice and balanced. I find it helpful to pull the sidewall away while I'm filing so the shape starts as soon as the free edge leaves the nail bed. And be extra careful to ensure that all the nail shavings are removed!

HTH... :)

My nails aren't super long, but i try & shape my nails into ballerina. I had almond nails for a while, so it was an easy transition into ballerina. Cheeka's advice is exactly how I shaped them into the almond & then it was just a matter of straightening the free edge.

I file one side first, then the other & continue alternating so I can make sure they are even.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1471913869.926941.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1471913591.270182.jpg

So I discovered another way of getting a natural nail into a ballerina shape.

Accidental ballerina.jpg

Forget where your stiletto point is and have an accident when chopping tomatoes :(:(:(

View attachment 200278

Forget where your stiletto point is and have an accident when chopping tomatoes :(:(:(
Has happened to me, and on bare natural nails mind. Not a nice experience...

Oh no lol. Your nails still look great for the most part

View attachment 200278

Yeah, I got off pretty lightly - could have been a lot worse :eek:

Latest posts

Back