Has anyone used Wahanda and what are your experiences?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks.

I'm just working on my marketing plan for this year and was wondering if any of you had any experiances of placing an offer on Wahanda. I manage a day spa and was wondering if it would be worth while?

Thankyou in advance

:D

I had been put on there without knowing and emailed several times to ask to be removed or explain how to remove as there is no option on there, my emails were ignored which completely put me off anyway so I had to figure out how to delete my number on there.
I think you can control your profile yourself but maybe check that you're not on there already. Sorry prob not the answer you're looking for. If its advertising you want I guess it's great coz it's free x

I currently have a premium listing trial. The commission is significantly lower then Grouping and you control your offer ... Limit it and also delete it web you want.

The community area can be interesting but not very well linked. I've had some leads but not loads.

Mat

I've also got a premium listed service with them, and find it quite good. I've had quite a few clients from it, and am due to put a deal out in Feb so I will get back to you on that one... but with the clients I've had from the premium listing I've got my money back on it so I'm pretty happy...

My only gripe is that a blatant bogus review has been left on my profile (I actually know the girl in question who works for a rival clinic and was silly enough to use her real name)! It's really nasty, and it uses my name personally, but Wahanda wont remove it as her profile isn't affiliated with the company she works for on their site. (I.e, I am Natasha Ward, owner of The Light Clear IPL Clinic). This is incredibly annoying and I am working Wahanda down on this.... but it's hard work especially when you have a busy clinic to run! So watch out if you have competition in your area that are prone to making life miserable for you (hard to believe in this day and age, eh?).

Hope that helps - PM me if you have any other questions :)
Natasha

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on Wahanda for about 6 months. I have a premium listing. I put lots of offers on the site and sell about 30 treatments through it a month. You can control your own offers as well which is great and they don't take as much % as groupon.
Also I found out this morning that we had won a Wahandie which is basically their own awards which they give out every month. We won Best for Body Treatments in the East Midlands. They give them out based on reviews. I was so excited!! They sent a certificate in a frame and all our clients and staff are really buzzing about it because we are a small salon.
I think it's well worth being on there

I'm not with Wahanda but I do use Lavish. I have had a fair few clients through them. People can use their tesco vouchers to get lavish vouchers, and most of the clients I've had from them have done this. They don't take such a huge % as the Groupon/KGB thieves!!

Just wanted to say thank you for all the mentions of Lavish and glad to hear its working well for you.

I set up Lavish a couple of years ago with two aims in mind. To make it easier for people to give spa and beauty vouchers as gifts and to give spas and salons a cost effective way to reach new clients.

The way it works is that we take a commission on any Lavish vouchers spent with you - so it is in effect a 'pay-as-you-go' form of getting new business - you only pay for the customers that actually spend their vouchers with you.

I am so proud to be working with close to 400 spa and beauty businesses in the UK to give our customers a fantastic choice of places and treatments to spend their Lavish vouchers on. If you are looking for new ways of promoting your business we'd love to hear from you!

I am interested in Lavish, do you register in a website? I think I'll google it. I'm going to do wahanda aswell. We are starting skin base microdermabrasion and are offering it with a huge discount for the first 2 weeks :) so want to get the word out there.

Hi everyone, thanks for chatting about Wahanda - we're really pleased it's working out for those of you who have signed up with us.

@SARAH-JANERICH, hopefully you've got more of an idea of how we can help but do feel free to message us for more details! Wahanda is about more than just daily deals so hopefully there are lots of ways to get involved and make the most of your business.

We started out back in 2008 as a sort of online Yellow Pages for health and beauty, listing all spas and salons for free which may be why you've found yourself on there - we only ever publish information that's already public but if you do want anything removed please do give us a yell and we'll be happy to help out.

Thanks for being a part of Wahanda :)

Ive done a free listing on wahanda for my home hair salon & all emails im getting is from people wanting to know how to do their own hair at home! & when i out what services i carry out, it added hair loss solutions which i dont do & didnt add on there! Grrr I cant seem to delete my ad eithe so ill send them an email in the morn. X

For some reason my mobile phone number has been listed on there as a salon contact number for someone's salon:( means lots of calls not to me

There's a lot to be said about daily deal marketing, but many forget that it is "marketing" which always involves a strategy. There's many out there who are using daily deals and doing well.

And after studying businesses who use it successfully, I've put together a strategy guide that includes ways for you to use daily deals marketing to attract the customers you want, without overcommitting your time, money and upsetting loyal customers.

You can find out more about it here: Groupon And Daily Deals Marketing For The Beauty Industry

Hope that helps.

Ive done a free listing on wahanda for my home hair salon & all emails im getting is from people wanting to know how to do their own hair at home! & when i out what services i carry out, it added hair loss solutions which i dont do & didnt add on there! Grrr I cant seem to delete my ad eithe so ill send them an email in the morn. X

Hi there,

It sounds like you may have signed up to receive questions from the community section on hair topics? You can edit this in your profile if they're not something you want to take part in, don't worry!

If you do have any more problems with editing your treatments and profile then let us know and we'll help sort it out for you. Thanks for the feedback!

Latest posts

Back