Has the salon made my hair ginger?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Went to a salon today to get my hair done I asked for a Carmel blonde and had photos of what I was after which she said she could achieve for me.
When she finished in the salon with the lighting and everything I thought it looked how I wanted it too but when I got home my patner and mother both said it looks slightly ginger?
It does look really warm toned can't decide wether it's a Carmel blonde like I asked for which would have some warmth to it or wether it is abit ginger and I should go back for her to tone it :/
I attached a photo of what I wanted and then the other photos are of my hair

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 94
Everyone has different opinions of "ginger"

With warm tones they look completely different in different sets of light.

I would say yes it is warm but I wouldn't say it is what I would class as ginger.

Although the first picture you uploaded looks to be darker than what you've got (could just be the lighting) what is your final goal for your hair?

Everyone has different opinions of "ginger"

With warm tones they look completely different in different sets of light.

I would say yes it is warm but I wouldn't say it is what I would class as ginger.

Although the first picture you uploaded looks to be darker than what you've got (could just be the lighting) what is your final goal for your hair?

Hi yes i agree I don't think it's a orange ginger just very warm. My hair was dark brown so was expecting it to bring out some warm tones anyway but just thinking to maybe get it toned down. My final hair colour is this colour blonde but with dark roots (the one I've attached). Looking at the photo she has got my hair pretty close to it but just seems abit of a different tone

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 55
To me, that's a pretty perfect caramel.

Maybe a little dark. But this is the problem. Everyone has a different idea of caramel and ginger.

I think it's a lovely colour. Caramel is warm in my mind. I don't think it's ginger... Just warm.

'Caramel', 'toffee', are warm colours.....
Any way, what's wrong with Ginger!!!:p

Why do I see nails when I click on the image?

Thank u.. I thought I was losing my mind yes I am on the app on iPhone

If you go on setting on the app and select clear cache every time you want to see a new picture it works no need to keep logging out

Nice tip @Mands
I've had to clear cache to see each photo and I think it looks lovely

Doesn't look ginger to me. Looks like what you have asked for so its not really the hairdresser fault to be moaning but if you don't like it maybe go back and ask for a toner to take the warmth out but I would expect to pay for that service as she's done what was asked

Doesn't look ginger to me. Looks like what you have asked for so its not really the hairdresser fault to be moaning but if you don't like it maybe go back and ask for a toner to take the warmth out but I would expect to pay for that service as she's done what was asked
I wasn't moaning I was just asking for a second opinion... also didn't suggest that I wouldn't pay for the service/getting it toned..
Thanks

Latest posts

Back