Have any of you shown hubby/daughter how to spray tan so they can do you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Having done my tanning training last month I've now done quite a few tans and am green with envy because the only one who isn't brown seems to be me:irked: lol

I'm thinking of showing my older daughter (who's 14.5) how to do it just so she can spray me. . . has anyone else done something similar and how has it been?

I've managed to spray my own legs (knees down) but anything else just seemed so awkward

hi I have taught hubby and daughter to spray me. daughter is so much better at it x

I'm thinking about it! My daughter is 8.5!!!

I let my fiancee have a go....but it was a disaster! lol!!

I dont even know how it went that bad with me directing him every step of the way. We had a good old laugh about it in the end x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I always get my Hubby to spray me! Im going to teach my 13 year old daughter next!

My husband did it. I
Managed to do my face chest hands, he isn't a typical bloke can't do DIY etc
I said to him, it's like creasoting a fence... He said 'ive never painted a fence in my life' lol
I taught my
Mom who has never applied a lipstick in her life and always pays people to do her painting and she was brilliant x

My boyfriend does such a good job of my spray tan that I want to buy another kit and start him up in a male spray tan business. He refuses point blank, too much of a mans man xx I am going to teach my 13 year old and when she starts college send her on a spray tan course and buy her the equipment. It will pay her way through college and hopefully uni xx

My boyfriend does such a good job of my spray tan that I want to buy another kit and start him up in a male spray tan business. He refuses point blank, too much of a mans man xx

Ha-ha I have had the same conversation with my fella he's really good and I said he could take the male clientele but he refused but said he'd be quite happy to spray ladies!!!:wink2:

Ha-ha I have had the same conversation with my fella he's really good and I said he could take the male clientele but he refused but said he'd be quite happy to spray ladies!!!:wink2:
Ha Ha my fella agrees with your fellas idea!!!!! :biggrin:

Yes, my OH did quite a good job the first time round, but now, I end up streaky. So I went and paid for one in my local salon and it was a disaster! Never again, Im thinking of asking my cousin to do it for me next time.

Hi ladies,
Just a reminder that out clients can, and often do browse this site,wouldnt want them to think they can all go and purchase a tanning kit,and get there husbands to spray them do we,afterall it is a skill, that many of us have spent alot of money and time perfecting,and some do make a living from soley doing this.
Kate x

My 15 year old daughter sprays me and she is very good at doing it x wouldnt want my hubby to do it lol x

Last edited:
My bf does my back and he is not good at all, despite the fact he has done it a lot he takes no notice of instruction and I end up with darker legs and feet than the rest of me and patchy arms. I now attempt to do it myself but it's so tricky. The local salon use a tan I don't like so it's hard to decide what to do really!

My boyfriend sprays me and when I first asked him to do it he said 'how hard can it be? I spray painted my BMX 3 different colours when I was 14 and they didn't run' (He's 40 now).
I think I was also 3 different colours by the time he'd finished spraying me.
I have to really talk him through it slowly every time.

Yip I would agree it is a practiced skill. I have just finished my training and going to spray my 2nd client tonight . I am lucky as my husband has his own business and he is a vehicle spray painter. He has not done my tan yet but he has been told he is doing mine this weekend so I can try out my new products. I will let you know how he gots on as I am expecting A1+ results from him!

My mum does mine :) I sprayed my brother to show her what to do. She's fab at it!xx

I know exactly what you mean, I get so jealous when clients walk off with a fab tan and I am looking my usual pastry self!!

First time my bf did my tan my hands and feet looked awful...like I had been walking barefoot through mud while smoking a hundred cigarettes!!!! Rest of my body looked lovely though so with a lot of practice and some guidance it's practically perfect :wink2: x

My hubby does mine and he's fab first couple of times did not get my hands quite right but perfect now x

Oh wow so it can be fairly successful then! Definitely got to get my daughter to have a go then, maybe both daughters lol!

Hi ladies,
Just a reminder that out clients can, and often do browse this site,wouldnt want them to think they can all go and purchase a tanning kit,and get there husbands to spray them do we,afterall it is a skill, that many of us have spent alot of money and time perfecting,and some do make a living from soley doing this.
Kate x

It's not that I'm suggesting "anybody" can do it, of course its a skillful operation. . . but at the same time, guided by someone who has done their training it should be possible to get a decent result. And it is only for use on myself (unless she wants to go and do a course eventually)

I should imagine anyone just purchasing a kit and having a bash would get similar results to those who purchase an acryics kit and have a go. It would be very inadvisable!

Latest posts

Back