Have I blown up my CND lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitybeauty1

Reaction score
I have been doing Xmas designs in between clients today and have used the lamp quite a lot today. I just turned the 2 min button on to do another design and heard a pop sound like when a light blows in a house.

Why has this happened? Is it possible to use it too often? How long do the bulbs last? Worried I've broken it. A burning smell came out when turned it off.

What do I do? Luckily wasn't using it on a client!

This happened to me - twice but I called sweet squared and they changed immediately as it was a faulty lamp and still within warranty. Hth x

Have you checked to see how many hours your bulbs have left? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you checked to see how many hours your bulbs have left? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

How do you know how many hours you have left? I haven't had it more than a month and I had a different lamp before. Hadn't noticed anywhere on the lamp that tells you the hours left

Press the reset button till it bleeps then take finger off immediately, it will display the hours left. Don't leave your finger on it it will reset!!!!

Press the reset button till it bleeps then take finger off immediately, it will display the hours left. Don't leave your finger on it it will reset!!!!

THANK YOU! Will check tomorrow and give S2 a call x

It sounds as though you have a faulty lamp that came from a bad batch like I did! Two weeks halfway through my shellac service I smelt smoke and crackling noises. When I took it back to the supplier they said the two bulbs had blown (I only had it for 1.5 months and only did 30 hours). They said it was a common problem

Hi

This the first time I have left a comment on this site but I'd like some feedback please!

My original CND Shellac lamp lasted just under 2 years, when during a client service, it started making sparking noises and burning. I tried to fix it but it basically died. I put it down to heavy duty usage and bought a new one. Today, the same thing happened on the replacement which is only 6 months old. Whilst sweet squared are replacing it under the warranty, I am concerned that this has happened at all, especially during a client service. It has made me nervous of using the machine and of my clients putting their hand in!

Any tips would be appreciated! I clean the machine every day and it's well look after. Should these machines be getting a regular service??

It's been happening because there was a faulty batch of lamps. Was it just the two bulbs that are out?

Any tips would be appreciated! I clean the machine every day and it's well look after. Should these machines be getting a regular service??

Welcome to Salon Geek :)

http://www.pat.org.uk
PAT testing is a yearly maintenance that should be carried out on portable appliances in businesses. I don't know whether they'd detect a faulty batch if it's working okay when they test it though, I guess it might just be when it breaks it breaks and you deal with it then xx

Thanks for your responses. It wasn't the bulbs that was the problem. The machine just started sparking and crackling, then smelt of burning.

That's exactly what happened to mine too

Mines just done the same today ;-( only 4 months old and not used much. Mid client and another due in straight after! Thank goodness I have a spare UVA lamp at home and lent one from another nail salon until I could fetch it. Sent it off today for cnd to look at it. Will not light up at all :-( was told it will cost no more that £10 to post 2 nd class, cost £14 +

The same happened to me yesterday. I had done 2 clients and had a third waiting (new customer) and had to send them home!!! Mine is only 3 months old. If i ring sweet squared will they send me a replacement?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

This has happened to me as well! I just had to buy a new one as got to worried using it on clients

I'm on to my 3rd Shellac lamp, both lamps before it had the same problem. They have had a faulty batch for a few years now. :/

S2 will replace them if there is a fault.

I'm on to my 3rd Shellac lamp, both lamps before it had the same problem. They have had a faulty batch for a few years now. :/

S2 will replace them if there is a fault.

Do they not know what batch are faulty? It is concerning me as I bought the love shellac package with two lamps. I am only using one of these lamps at the moment. Can't be bothered with the two as mobile. I am concerned that the spare one will be out of warranty by the time I start using it. Think I will have to alternate my lamps more often. They surely should stop sending out the faulty batch. Seems like its more than just one batch. Reading everyday another one went pop! X

Hi this happened to mine this week too, It started to crackle, I could smell burning and 2 bulbs are now out, I was doing my own Xmas nails, but have had to cancel clients. Mine is 2 years old, It has been PAT tested but will be out of warranty.

I tried to swap the bulbs into the 2 that didnt work and they dont work so obvioulsy cant use it, do you think Sweet Squared will be able to fix it, this looks like a common fault?

Hi this happened to mine this week too, It started to crackle, I could smell burning and 2 bulbs are now out, I was doing my own Xmas nails, but have had to cancel clients. Mine is 2 years old, It has been PAT tested but will be out of warranty.

I tried to swap the bulbs into the 2 that didnt work and they dont work so obvioulsy cant use it, do you think Sweet Squared will be able to fix it, this looks like a common fault?

Mine crackled, smelt and blew two bulbs too. I didnt find out about the two bulbs being blown until I took it back and the supplier was having a look at it. He told me CND were having a common problem with one of the parts. I'm not sure if S2 will fix it as I am in Australia, sorry!

I bought 2 about a month ago, one made a grinding sound as soon as you turn it on but stops after a bit then a couple of weeks later the bulbs in right side of the other one went out nd I didn't notice till after id finished someones nails and had to text them to come back if there was any issues. I knew about the faults before I bought the lamps and just hoped for the best but I asked ss what would happen if the same thing happened to my new lamp and was told they would just keep replacing but I cant afford to be doing without my lamps so i hope they get it sorted x

Latest posts

Back