Have you ever had to give up on a client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliceellen1974

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have been trained as a nail tech for 6 years this year, converting to CND L&P last year.

I work p/t as a mobile tech and since using Creative have not had 1% of the lifting problems - until now - :green:

I had one new client last week which i did as normal with all the rigid prep routine and CND products that I use. anyway today I had a call that her middle fingers have lifted!

So, off i rush in a panic and look......... yes, the middle finger overlays are see sawing off her fingers -after 5 days!!!!

OMG, my confidence falls to the bottom of the sea LOL

So, i do everything required including all cuticle work, but this time i use scrub fresh and nail fresh in the hope that this works, well we will see.

I know for me personally I have NEVER had a set of L&P (varying different brands) that havent lifted somewhat even if it was only a bit.

My question is..... are there people out there that L&P does not suit and whatever we do lifting will occur?

any thoughts would be appreciated especially as i do not have this problem with anyone else and confidence has gone B A N G!

thanks in advance

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi geeks

I have been trained as a nail tech for 6 years this year, converting to CND L&P last year.

I work p/t as a mobile tech and since using Creative have not had 1% of the lifting problems - until now - :green:

I had one new client last week which i did as normal with all the rigid prep routine and CND products that I use. anyway today I had a call that her middle fingers have lifted!

So, off i rush in a panic and look......... yes, the middle finger overlays are see sawing off her fingers -after 5 days!!!!

So, i do everything required including all cuticle work, but this time i use scrub fresh and nail fresh in the hope that this works, well we will see.

I know for me personally I have NEVER had a set of L&P (varying different brands) that havent lifted somewhat even if it was only a bit.

My question is..... are there people out there that L&P does not suit and whatever we do lifting will occur?

any thoughts would be appreciated especially as i do not have this problem with anyone else and confidence has gone B A N G!

thanks in advance

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi I have one lady who I have tried everything on, l&p, silk, soak off gel, buff off gel, always do a thorough prep, and everything lifts after 10 days - an absolute nightmare!! Anyway she is on medication so have put it down to that. Is your client on medication? Now she has a manicure, and uses a nail strenghtener and it works fine. So dont worry its not you, some clients just cant have nail extensions

I had a client call me today saying that a few of her nails had lifted...she only had them done on satarday:eek: i was a but shoked to say the least.(a new client aswell!)
I use NSI and haven't had a problem with lifting on a client for a very long time.
I asked her to come into the salon so I could have a look and sure enough there was lifting on 4 nails.( confidence down on the floor)
This woman has ok nails but awful cuticles as she is a cuticle nibbler.
She swears to me that she hasn't been nibbling but I'm not so sure:confused: and as I was looking at her nails she kept pulling her hands away from me and forcing the tip of her nail down to show me where the lifting was, making the matter worse :grr: any how I tidied her nails up ( for no charge THIS time)
She's promised not to do this again and says she will be good and not nibble her cuticles (we will see:lol:)
I'm not giving up on her..YET!!!:lol:
xx:hug:xx

Thanks for your replies, its so annoying tho isnt it? Its taken me 5 years to feel confident in myself and my product but I guess we are all different and although i am not giving up on her yet (also her nail plates are a bit knackered due to going to a nss) sorry forgot to mention that!

anyway, will go back in a week and see what has happened

xxxxxxxx

Thanks for your replies, its so annoying tho isnt it? Its taken me 5 years to feel confident in myself and my product but I guess we are all different and although i am not giving up on her yet (also her nail plates are a bit knackered due to going to a nss) sorry forgot to mention that!

anyway, will go back in a week and see what has happened

xxxxxxxx

Dontcha love it when we get this info at this stage!!!!! This is probably her problem. I had an ex NSS client and she had lifting at the side walls until all the damage grew out. I asked her to be patient and promised that it would sort itself when it was all grown out and I was right! But it was a pain in the butt for a few months I can tell you!

SASSY I LOVE YA!!!!

no seriously i have only just twigged (yeah i know i am slow LOL) but the only other client to have this problem was also an ex NSS client (and a severe picker/ biter) so hell........ its probably not me!

still feeling like my confidence has had a kick up the butt tho!

xxxxxx

Hi geeks

thanks in advance

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Its not you Hun - yes there are people in my opinion who have oily nail beds that L&P lifts, I have one such client then I swopped her to gel and she is happy now.
Dont get dishartened, also she may be using chemicals without gloves or chewing her nails without realising it!

sorry to be a pain and butt in here but what does NSS mean??! :o

Lau x

Latest posts

Back