Have you ever had to take a break from beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boop

Reaction score
Evening geeks,

In about 4 weeks I will be moving county due to my partners new job. I have been self employed, room renting for 13 months now (very part time whilst working a regular job) and am about to take a temporary break due to the move.

My situation is that I need the definite income that a regular job brings and to work preferably full time in order to save as much as I can because we are currently saving for a deposit to get a house. So our plan is hopefully in 6 months time we should have enough, so it may only be a 6 month break and then hopefully I can get approved to work from home and set up again.

BUT still I'm gutted! I love doing beauty and learning new things and have experienced a lot in the last year. I always knew I would be moving away at some point and don't mind that, I just feel like I'm going to become 'out of it'. I plan to spend my time further training/reading skincare & beauty books/geeking, doing treatments on family when I see them to keep my hand in and also to save for a micro-current machine.

So my question is, have any of you ever had to take time out? How was it? Did you set back up or never get round to it? I'm dreading it and feel I will begrudge working full time in an office job knowing it's not what I want to be doing.

Aww best of luck with everything!

I worked in a 5* spa for a year after qualifying in sports injuries, massage and beauty etc. they gave us so much massage that I ended up hurting my back (so ironic!). So I had to move back home to recoup, went back to college and did degree on health and safety. Meanwhile I worked in a gym and thought I'd never get back to beauty.

That was 5 years ago and I've just opened my own salon.

Moral of the story, beauty is like riding a bike. You never forget!
Keep reading and questioning things on here, read beauty publications etc to keep your hand in and you'll get back to it if and when it's for you xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I took about 6 months off from the beauty industry after I had my first son. I enjoyed the time away as i had a new baby to look after. I kept popping on here, looking at videos on YouTube. And re-reading my books at home and magazines to keep my passion alive. It worked for me :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Is there no possible way you can just stay behind and carry on? I know 6 months is a long time but it will honestly fly by. My OH is trying to move me out the area but I'm mobile and I told him I don't want to so we aren't going to because it's just gna make money harder for both of us... I appreciate if you have children together etc then you have to go but if it's just the 2 of you and will only be for 6 months until you get back it will benefit you in saving the deposit by staying x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can you not do mobile for 6 months in your new county (in the evenings if you have to get a full time job)? Will help you build a client base for when you open your home salon, will keep your hand in AND extra few pennies whilst saving! Sounds like a win win to me ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back