Having trouble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoddgrass

Reaction score
I am currently trying to build up my clients and start going mobile i do my own nails and they seem to last teo weeks but i am having trouble with getting other pples right n they seem to last about five days k think im doin all te nail prep right can someone give me some advice thankyou

What training have you do so far?

I only dne a two day course with the nail and beauty school for acrylic gel fiberglass and silk nail extensions i know i need mre practice but i manage to get my acrylic nails to last two weeks just other peoples

What system is it your struggling with? Or all?

Gel and acrylic i do the resin and dip method with the acrylic i just dnt know how i can do my nails perfectly fine and others not lastin longer then a week

Is it just practise or am i doin summit wrong i remove the cuticle of the nail i tale the shine off and wipe away dust then sanitise i put tips on then do all that prep with the extension then i use primer n add the products to what system im using

what products are you using? Have you contacted your tutor for more help? They may be able to point you in the right direction based on the products you trained with

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would assume, given that it was only a 2 day course that you'll need some more practice/training. I did a 2 year course and still had issues at the end of it & I was one of the better learners on the course - I can't see how on earth it could ever be taught in 2 days!

I'd go back to your tutor and ask for more help - what brand are you using, this could also be an issue.

With the acrylic its ezflow my own nails have lasted

I done a month training in Acrylic and another month on Gel. Great course. It was mostly a practical course and I done about 40+ sets for the first course. Do you follow the after-care for the nails? You might find these clients aren't following the after-care. So it wouldn't be your fault. Also the prep I use is, cuticle work (push back, clean under and cut) then I buffer over the nail with a 100 grit file. Then dehydrate the nail bed, stick on tip, blend tip etc then apply primer. That's for acrylic.
Good luck :)

With the acrylic its ezflow my own nails have lasted
Even with your own lasting, you presumably have more than 2/3 people where they're not lasting? So, on average there's an issue which I don't think would be just down to their after care.

The only thing that rings alarm bells at this moment in time is 'a 2 day course', that doesn't mean the training is terrible, just that you need possibly need more practice.

I done a month training in Acrylic and another month on Gel. Great course. It was mostly a practical course and I done about 40+ sets for the first course. Do you follow the after-care for the nails? You might find these clients aren't following the after-care. So it wouldn't be your fault. Also the prep I use is, cuticle work (push back, clean under and cut) then I buffer over the nail with a 100 grit file. Then dehydrate the nail bed, stick on tip, blend tip etc then apply primer. That's for acrylic.
Good luck :)
100 grit file!!!!! Are you sure???:eek:

Ok thanx for the advice i have noticed that the mre i practise the longer they stay on and what do you dehydrate the nail with tiger tips cuz after i have took shine off nail i just wipe over with a cleanser

Ok thanx for the advice i have noticed that the mre i practise the longer they stay on and what do you dehydrate the nail with tiger tips cuz after i have took shine off nail i just wipe over with a cleanser

I use Nail Pure Plus from NSI :)

100 grit file!!!!! Are you sure???:eek:

That's what I was trained in. 100 for acrylic and 180 for gel. The acrylic I use adheres like Velcro so we use a rougher file while the gel is like double sided sticky tape. When we go over the nail we make sure the file is parallel to the nail so we arent filing deep into the nail just touching the surface x

I use a 100 grit file to file the acrylic once set but not ever the natural file :O unless it's a sponge file? Not a normal one? Please say it's a sponge file ..

Laura xx

100 grit is way too low! You will be taking off loads of layers of the nail!!!
I use 240 grit to remove shine very gently.

That's what I was trained in. 100 for acrylic and 180 for gel. The acrylic I use adheres like Velcro so we use a rougher file while the gel is like double sided sticky tape. When we go over the nail we make sure the file is parallel to the nail so we arent filing deep into the nail just touching the surface x

Wow! Their poor nails.. If that's the case and that's the way the acrylic adheres I'd be changing my brand like yesterday.. No matter how you file a 100 grit should NEVER touch the natural nail :(

Glamour Fairy :)

... then I buffer over the nail with a 100 grit file.

Jeepers, I winced when I read this. I'm amazed they have any nail plate left. Who is teaching this? :(

I too was taught 100 grit file but knew better than to listen!

I use 180 to prep for both gel and acrylic and seem to do just fine.

I was taught this by the Scottish beauty school/NSI Scotland!

Crazy!

Latest posts

Back