Hayfever

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone suffer from hayfever? I've had the worst day ever i can hardley open my eyes i can't breathe and i think i must have kept Andrex in buisness the last few days!

I feel terrible i had the jab about 4 years ago and haven't had a problem until this year and i'm too late for the jab now.

Anyone know any cures?

glittergirl said:
Hi,

Anyone suffer from hayfever? I've had the worst day ever i can hardley open my eyes i can't breathe and i think i must have kept Andrex in buisness the last few days!

I feel terrible i had the jab about 4 years ago and haven't had a problem until this year and i'm too late for the jab now.

Anyone know any cures?

there are 4 of us in my house who suffer with hayfever,,me my hubby and my 9 year old son,my 3 year old has just started with symptoms this year.my eldest daughter doesn`t get it(lucky her)i hate the red swollen eye thing we all look like we have been in a fight...!!
I must keep piriton and andrex in business with the amount i buy..! i would love to know what the neighbours think my hubby is up to coz he leaves for work every morning with a loo roll under his arm..lol!!(he goes through that much tissue it was getting a bit expensive buying a box of them everyday)

the things that work the best for us is regular doses of piriton,, olbas oil to help with the stuffy nose and for the eyes i have liz earles eyebright soothing eye lotion(i get it from QVC) i soak two cotton wool pads with it and place over my eyes and leave for 5-10 mins,it contains witch hazel and aloe vera and is really soothing
icon_biggrin.gif
and helps with the redness and puffiness...

Hi

I get the most dreadful hayfever! I get tabets from the doctor for it but they aren't doing much this year but he wont give me anything stronger because it will make me drowsy. :-(

I find olbas oil the best thing for a blocked nose (and it smells lovely too) but I have never used anything for my eyes so i might try that eye lotion -cheers kaz!

Sarah xxx

I don't suffer myself, but my best friend who does suffer had been ok.......until today. She has been really bad - itchy eyes and runny nose. She has been using a nasal spray and Clarityn which was keeping it well under control, bit something must have 'hatched' today to flare it up.

I really feel for you sufferers, you have my sympathy.

Hi

I suffer from it too, im on the strongest tablets from the doctors which dont make you dowsey , i find vick's nasal spray is good im off to the chemist to get some before i start working.

Inever knew you could have a jab tell me more

Can you only get the jab before the 'season' starts?
I've been on at Al for years to get it, but he's useless about things like that. The trouble is, working outdoors as he does, it's so much worse for him.
He's going to ask the doctor about getting his nose cauterised because he gets so many nosebleeds a day because his nose is so sore, whenever he blows his nose it bleeds, sometimes for 5 minutes or more which isn't very good when you're trying to work :)
He's now agreed to ask for the injection too but is it too late??
The stupid thing is that people tell him to change his job, which is ridiculous! He lives for being outside and even if he didn't work outdoors he'd get the hayfever anyway...!

apparently you can have injection after the hayfever has started. a bloke at work had it done a couple of weeks ago.

Latest posts

Back