HD brows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erinj90

Reaction score
I'm not trained in HD brows and don't actually understand what the point of it is? Surely u can achieve nice eyebrows with shaping and tinting. Clients ask me about it all the time and I have no idea what to tell them? Please can somebody explain the point to me please? How they work? Is there huge demand for it and is it worth the expensive training? Feel I need to be convinced and some understanding before commenting to clients!

I watched a video last week on HD brows i didnt see any difference to what the girls eyebrows were like before ! Although i did watch the process (which was quite long for no difference at all) i learned that its just bringing more hairs together & tinting them so u have a lot more then u wax the excess end hairs & have a nice shape and quite square & pointy lol but really i thought they where something new to the beauty industry obviously not its just a new name for tinting & waxing 😕 well from my point anyway lol x

Yeh that's exactly what I think to glad others feel the same. Could end up spending so much money on all these 'new' things to learn for absolutely no reason very annoying x

I know lol i honestly do not see the difference from tinting & waxing !! I personally wouldnt waste money on it lol .. Im glad too tht u dnt think theres any difference i thought i was missing something had to watch the video like 3 times 😕 xxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378499624.405331.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378499691.334611.jpg HD brows before & after xxx

To me they just look darker & in a better shape thats what tinting & waxing does it might just be me tht doesnt know the difference xx

To me they just look darker & in a better shape thats what tinting & waxing does it might just be me tht doesnt know the difference xx

In all the time iv been qualified iv never created eyebrows like this as that's wasn't what I was taught in college. I could only have achieved such perfection by doing HD brows. Pictures
Don't do them justice x

Well obviously u know the ins & outs of HD brows .. I think their lovely & youve done a good job xx

I agree they look lovely but I swear when I wax n tint my brows n use a bit of eyeshadow it comes out the same no offence as like I say I have no idea just think I'm gunna take some convincing interesting tomo ur pic tho so thank u! X

Most people who haven't done the course moan about the price and say they aren't going to learn anything. Most people who have done the course are very glad they did.
With HD brows only 20% of clients will get the shape straight away. It's not like a tint and wax where you just have to do whatever you can with the brows they have. It's a labour of love and some brows can take up to a year to grow! I usually find that 4 or 5 visits is the average to get the right shape. Some clients you have to completely change the shape of their brows and that takes a few visits.
You are buying into a brand and they spend a fortune on advertising and we could never get close to attracting that many clients. I would also say that over 90% of my HD clients are new clients and they may very well have other treatments with you.
Here is one of my clients that has been to me for a few HD brow treatments now. When she first came she literally had no tails on her brows. She now has the most amazing shape brows and says she would never have them any other way and this happens all the time. This is a before and after pic from her first visit. I must take a pic next time she is in and take a photo of how her brows are now!

Attachments

• hd before4.jpg
    hd before4.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 523
  • hd after3.jpg
    hd after3.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 2,086
Wow what a difference 👌 lovely shape xx

Most people who haven't done the course moan about the price and say they aren't going to learn anything. Most people who have done the course are very glad they did.
With HD brows only 20% of clients will get the shape straight away. It's not like a tint and wax where you just have to do whatever you can with the brows they have. It's a labour of love and some brows can take up to a year to grow! I usually find that 4 or 5 visits is the average to get the right shape. Some clients you have to completely change the shape of their brows and that takes a few visits.
You are buying into a brand and they spend a fortune on advertising and we could never get close to attracting that many clients. I would also say that over 90% of my HD clients are new clients and they may very well have other treatments with you.
Here is one of my clients that has been to me for a few HD brow treatments now. When she first came she literally had no tails on her brows. She now has the most amazing shape brows and says she would never have them any other way and this happens all the time. This is a before and after pic from her first visit. I must take a pic next time she is in and take a photo of how her brows are now!

One of the nicer HD Brows I've seen - all too often they're harsh, carpet looking and wonky, but you've created a lovely brow. Have you just used pencil/powder to create the tail?

I'm still stuck between the solid brand of HD brows and the lovely natural look of BDB - HD brows have got their brand and support tight.

Also have heard that BDB's Brow Boost is better then HD Brow's Grow Baby Grow.

I know that a lot of people have been very successful in their business with HD Brows and recuperated the training investment.

To the OP, all said and done, it's down to how good the brow technician is.

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Last edited:
Yes I just used powder for the tails but her tails have grown in since this picture was taken.
They don't have to look harsh. It depends on what look the client is after. Here are some pics that are more natural looking.
billie brows.jpg
gemma before.jpg
gemma after1.jpg
hazel before.jpg
hazel after.jpg
hd brows before1.jpg
hd brows after1.jpg
collette after.jpg
hd b4.jpg
hds after.jpg
alex before1.jpg
alex after2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks angelina x

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Yes I just used powder for the tails but her tails have grown in since this picture was taken.
They don't have to look harsh. It depends on what look the client is after. Here are some pics that are more natural looking.
View attachment 42389
View attachment 42390
View attachment 42391
View attachment 42392
View attachment 42393
View attachment 42394
View attachment 42395
View attachment 42396
View attachment 42397
View attachment 42398
View attachment 42399
View attachment 42400

Some AMAZING looking brows there! Have you been doing them for long?

Some AMAZING looking brows there! Have you been doing them for long?

Thank you :D I trained in 2010. Some of those pics are from ages ago.
I'm actually doing their refresher course in 3 weeks as so much has changed since I trained so it's good to keep up. Plus I'm hoping to get some tips on threading as I'm hopeless at it-lol
I'm not a big fan of threading and you can get a perfectly good shape without it but it is one of the steps of HD and I really should master it! It kills my thumbs!

Thank you :D I trained in 2010. Some of those pics are from ages ago.
I'm actually doing their refresher course in 3 weeks as so much has changed since I trained so it's good to keep up. Plus I'm hoping to get some tips on threading as I'm hopeless at it-lol
I'm not a big fan of threading and you can get a perfectly good shape without it but it is one of the steps of HD and I really should master it! It kills my thumbs!

They are gorgeous! Oh god isn't threading painful? My back/jaw/back of little fingers do be killing me after!

I LOVE threading, not great at it tho. I have my refresher in a few weeks too but dont feel like I have really mastered it :-/

I LOVE threading, not great at it tho. I have my refresher in a few weeks too but dont feel like I have really mastered it :-/

Love it too, great to see hiw fascinated people are by it & many clients say its not half as sore as waxing! They said on my course that sometimes it just takes one day for it to completely click woth you, some get it right away & other dont get it for months and then it just clicks (with practise of course!)

You're WAY too hard on yourself..... Remember I've seen your work...... You're doing fab x

Latest posts

Back