headaches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle g

Reaction score
I have been suffering with really bad headaches over the last couple of months, first i thought it was fumes but haven't been that busy this month and still getting bad headaches! I think it's the computer (geeking to much lol) I've got an appointment with the opticians thursday so we will see.
Does anybody else suffer with headaches whilst on the computer?

yeah i had really bad ones 4 2 years to the point where i was sick too - got glasses (moaned like mad cos they cost £200) but it was money well spent - very rarely get a headache now where as before it was everyday i had one - could easily take a whole packet of nurofen in a day to try and get rid of the pain!

Hope all goes well at opticians for you xx

Me and my hubby have been getting headaches for about 2 weeks now, he does wear glasses now and then but I don't really need any. But we have been getting through boxes of Anadin extra, thanks to my friend bringing over some packs now and then. I know stress can bring them on too. And we have kind of worried about work lately so thats it.

I have had a bad head for 2 weeks now really bad it is not like me most of this month I have had this. I have been taking tablets for it which is unlike me.

I have just had my eyes tested so it is not this I now wear glasses for reading, doing nails and computer work.

Hope you feel bgetter soon and find out what it is.

Caz xxx:D

Hey girls,

Don't forget about your back, if your tight or tense it can have an effect on other parts of your bod, if the eyesight test comes back ok, maybe a nice deep tissue massage is needed. What would it hurt to have one anyway, at least your back will feel great the next day.:wink2::biggrin:

it could also be that your posture is all wrong when you're working and geeking Michelle.
try different seating positions etc, moving your screen a little higher or lowering your chair.
when I worked for WPA (health insurance) we had the H&S team come round to measure the distances between knees and floor, height, eye level of screen etc... it's really important to make sure these are all correct if you're in the same position for any length of time.
having pressure on your neck (being in same position for a long time) can encourage headaches.
x x

grafxgal said:
Hey girls,

Don't forget about your back, if your tight or tense it can have an effect on other parts of your bod, if the eyesight test comes back ok, maybe a nice deep tissue massage is needed. What would it hurt to have one anyway, at least your back will feel great the next day.:wink2::biggrin:

A deep tissue massage sounds brill! might have to go and have one.

Ive been suffering alot from headaches lately from being over tired. I have tried everything and I hate taking tablets, my friend gave me something called Tiger Balm and its a tiny pot of cream and you rub it into where your pain is and your pressure points and whalla...I was knocked out for the count and headache was no-more:wink2: Dont know where you get it from though, I know he gets it from Thialand!!

Helencad said:
Ive been suffering alot from headaches lately from being over tired. I have tried everything and I hate taking tablets, my friend gave me something called Tiger Balm and its a tiny pot of cream and you rub it into where your pain is and your pressure points and whalla...I was knocked out for the count and headache was no-more:wink2: Dont know where you get it from though, I know he gets it from Thialand!!

Think they sell it it boots x

Lavender essential oil is good as well rub a little bit at the side of the temples and it goes it worked for me.

michelle g said:
I have been suffering with really bad headaches over the last couple of months, first i thought it was fumes but haven't been that busy this month and still getting bad headaches! I think it's the computer (geeking to much lol) I've got an appointment with the opticians thursday so we will see.
Does anybody else suffer with headaches whilst on the computer?

Hi michelle,
As its you and alot of the other members that are all getting headaches-and everyones telling me that this site is so addictive!lol-maybe it is the computer thats giving u a headache?U can get anti-glare thingies for the screen-coz spending too much time staring at the screen can give u a headach due to all the rays that come off it.
If its not your eyesight thats bad and u still getting problems-maybe it'd b best to give an anti-glare thing a go.
Will look for a link so u know what they look like;
http://www.computingplus.co.uk/3mfilters.htm
Here u go-HTH
carend

I had a really bad bought of headaches last year and lasted for about two weeks, I ended up taking migralieve everyday, It was def down to the computer as I was on it from 8.am to about 8pm and as soon as I stopped so did the headaches.
I used to get headaches from the pill, so stopped it and don't take it anymore.
Migralieve is very good for headaches, makes it go away in about 10 mins, although I don't suggest taking it for 2 weeks like I did.I just don't like going to the docs as they are completely useless.Also tryed forehead once that you just rub on your fore head, but it just made my head go all cold and didn't really help!

Becky
x

i think there may be a bug as i have had headaches for a few days and my sis had them for 5 days there is alot of it around

i never get headaches, and for the last 2 weeks thats all ive had. last night was really bad, i felt so sick with it as well. strange.:suprised:

Latest posts

Back