Health and safety - please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChanzLue

Reaction score
I'm a student but I have to study at home. Because of this I have to do all the healty and safety stuff myself but I'm just working out of my bedroom. I would really like to work part time in a salon so I could get on with my case studies and not have to worry so much. I'm just so confused about all the legislation I'm supposed to be up to date with. I don't know where to start. Any ideas?

Hi Chanzlue, could you perhaps please fill your profile in more detail so that we are better able to answer your query. You really have not given us much infomation above either.

What sort of student are you? Reflexology, body therapy, beauty therapy etc.......?

With whom are you training? Is it a home learn course? Have your course notes given you any guidelines to follow for your case studies?

With more info I'm sure somebody on Salon Geek can help you :hug:.

I'm studying with the carlton institute and it's a home learning course. I'm studying nail services, waxing + sugaring, make-up,ear piercing and lash and brow treatments. The case studies don't worry me as much as the assignments for the core units. Also I think I need to be on some sort of register for ear piercing but the college didn't give me any info about it. I'm supposed to be up to date with all the health and safety regs but I don't know where to start.

Type HSE into google all the H&S reg info you need will be within the HSE site ...

Your course should at least give you an insight into H&S have they not given you any info?

Look at the HABIA website www.habia.co.uk it's full of info for our industry.

Most local authorities require a licence for ear piercing.

Your course should at least give you an insight into H&S have they not given you any info?

Look at the HABIA website www.habia.co.uk it's full of info for our industry.

Most local authorities require a licence for ear piercing.
I really do agree with the above. I considered a self learn course at one stage with Carlton. I really would have expected more for the money I would have to shell out if they have not given you sufficient pointers regarding this.

Contact your local council/health & safety authority. Be prepared to ask lots of questions and ask for pamphlets/brochures on the required info.

I'm sure all councils differ but I did find mine helpful when doing my business study. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back