Heat when filing top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subo

Reaction score
Hi, so iv been doing gel polish for about a year and half. For the past few weeks only clients have been getting a burning feeling when I file the top coat of before I soak. I even had it on myself last night. Im using the same file iv always used and never go as far as the nail plate. What has happened? As far as I'm aware I'm doing nothing different than iv always done apart from maybe going a bit faster? How can I avoid this?

Dead basic but file in one direction only so you aren’t creating friction and this heat, if all you have changed is speed that’s my offering if you file both ways.

How long are you spending filing the top coat off? Should only need seconds per nail; if I had to put a number on it, less than 10 seconds, filing in one direction as inspia says, just so majority of the shine is gone. Xx

I do only file in one direction but maybe I'm spending to long on each nail. Just dont understand why it's only happened the past few weeks

Has the bit worn out?
That would do it.

The file? It still feels like it's got life in it yet.

Latest posts

Back