Heating broken

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missty25

Reaction score
Hi,

My heating is not working and got the engineer coming out today, same thing happened 2 years ago and basically the system is from the dark ages and think they are probably going to say it needs replaced:(

Why do things always go wrong at this time of year and does anyone know of any good scrappage schemes for boilers, I'm in Midlothian, Scotland.

I don't know anything about heating , but I agree why is it always this time of year it packs up , hope you get it sorted XxX

Snap ours went said its old but did manage to fix it start saving to have new one in the summer
Good luck Hun fingers xd for you
Hated no heating had a little fire very cosy but not the same x

I had this every year since I can remember from our heating and it was put in by cowboys originally in the 80s. So of course it was limping into the 00s and every year wed be days/weeks without water and heat. Last year we finally got a new boiler, we bought it and got someone to fit it. The boiler prices are cheaper than you think but if your gas man buys it they charge a fortune! Gas bills are much cheaper on a combi boiler now. And I think the scrappage sheme might have finished, but there is alot of copper in those so you can take it to a scrap yard and get money for it.

We have an old heating system too and it kept breaking down, we are having extensive building work done next Spring when we will be installing a new system so it was not feasible to replace it yet as it would not be man enough for our " new house"

We took out the British Gas Boiler servicing and repair scheme. I think it cost just over £100 and they come out to service for free and do all repairs, they only charge for parts. It was the best thing we did. No more worries and that money was less than the cost of getting engineers out to try to repair, ours always went on the blink on or just before a bank holiday or at times when the call out charge was high. They always get here really quickly, usually same day. Give them a call and see if it will save you a bit of money, you might be able to limp it along till the summer when you will have had time to sve up a bit

Latest posts

Back