Help-about to open treatment room next week

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannamobile

Reaction score
Hello lovelys please help......
i open a new treatment room thursday 2nd march ive been mobile for 3 years and when i rented a room b4 i just paid 40% of my takings and she provided everything (i know it was great) this time round its £50 a day and im just doing 2 days a week for now and the other 3 days mobile, she just emailed me last night to say she wanted £200 deposit and 2 weeks up front and then £400 (a month rent) every 4 weeks after is this normal? up until now i just assumed id pay a week rent by standing order u front. now i dont know what to do im so scared i wont make enough to cover it plus pay for advertising and new stock plus put food on the table

I have spent a lot of time, energy and money on getting it ready and getting the word out! do i just give up now or go for it?

Hello lovelys please help......
i open a new treatment room thursday 2nd march ive been mobile for 3 years and when i rented a room b4 i just paid 40% of my takings and she provided everything (i know it was great) this time round its £50 a day and im just doing 2 days a week for now and the other 3 days mobile, she just emailed me last night to say she wanted £200 deposit and 2 weeks up front and then £400 (a month rent) every 4 weeks after is this normal? up until now i just assumed id pay a week rent by standing order u front. now i dont know what to do im so scared i wont make enough to cover it plus pay for advertising and new stock plus put food on the table

I have spent a lot of time, energy and money on getting it ready and getting the word out! do i just give up now or go for it?
£50 a day sounds a bit steep but that aside, I'm guessing you don't have a contract?
The problem is you said you assumed how it worked, this should of all been flushed out in a contract way before agreeing to avoid issues like this.

I don't think it's 100% usual however looking at it from a business point of view, I can see how it makes sense so I don't class it as unreasonable.

I personally think she is being ridiculous asking for all that money up front! Go back to her and say you assumed it would be a week up front and that you don't have the money x

£50 a day sounds a bit steep but that aside, I'm guessing you don't have a contract?
The problem is you said you assumed how it worked, this should of all been flushed out in a contract way before agreeing to avoid issues like this.

I don't think it's 100% usual however looking at it from a business point of view, I can see how it makes sense so I don't class it as unreasonable.

yes i agree it is steep but she wouldnt budge on price. and yes she is just sorting out the contract.

I personally think she is being ridiculous asking for all that money up front! Go back to her and say you assumed it would be a week up front and that you don't have the money x
Thank you Kirsty14 i will email her back.

Don't forget that with a contract, you can still negotiate the terms. You don't have to automatically agree to everything she wants if it doesn't suit your business.

£50 a day is expensive. Is it a very large room in a posh area? What's included in the rent?

If you think you can't afford it, look elsewhere.

Don't forget that with a contract, you can still negotiate the terms. You don't have to automatically agree to everything she wants if it doesn't suit your business.

£50 a day is expensive. Is it a very large room in a posh area? What's included in the rent?

If you think you can't afford it, look elsewhere.

No its a small - medium room she has bought me a brand new electric couch, stool and trolley, it has a small sink but no hot water i will have to go to the kitchen to get hot water but thats fine ive done that b4. it includes all bill. it is in a good area, centre of a buy village opposite a large co op in a row of shops with hairdressers, opticians and gift shop and parking. i'm going to see her tomorrow to get contract.

Latest posts

Back