Help/Advice please on training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph78

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site but finding it v. helpful so far! Currently at college doing a VTCT in manicure and pedicure so I can then go on to do artificial nails (was told had to do this course first b4 able to do extensions). my training will complete next june and then, fingers crossed, I'd love to be a mobile technician. Am i going along the right path re training? I keep seeing ref to places like creative nail academy and wonder is there a quicker way for me to become a fully trained nail technician and if so any recommendations? or am I doing the right thing by going through a college? confused as there seems to be lots of different options?!?
any help would be much appreciated.
thx
Steph x

Hi there! Just wanted to say that I'm also doing the VTCT mani/pedi course followed by the nail technology one at college too! I've previously done a two day intensive 'nail technician' course and found it to be less than satisfactory in terms of both knowledge and experience. So after much reading of posts on this brilliant website (!) I've decided to go down the route of getting a national qualification first, then follow this up with a product specific course once I feel I'm fairly up to speed and kinda competent. (I hope this is a good way to go, and would appreciate the opinion of other geeks!) Just thought I'd share it with you so you don't feel like you're on your own. Good luck! xxx

thanks! thats great to hear someone else doing the same as me. all the best with your courses! x

Steph78 said:
thanks! thats great to hear someone else doing the same as me. all the best with your courses! x
Steph I did the VTCT Manicure Course and it was very good, and remember there is nothing to stop you doing another manufacturers conversion if you wish to once you have finished this course as the qualification is nationally recognised you will have no problems purchaseing other manicure items from Creative, OPI, Star etc....hth

Hi everyone, I'm currently doing the VTCT course part time at college, and I am finding it terrible - It's so diorganised! ten weeks into the course and struggling with the Acrylic powder technique. Just not getting the support or tuition.
Tutor seems to be teaching us how to create the perfect hoof! I'm sure they are not supposed to look like that are they?
Does anyone know: do I need a VTCT to be a mobile technician?
Thanks
Bex

Latest posts

Back