Help, burning sensation on finger nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollBird

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently on my CND 5 day course for L&P. Day 5 is due in September and I have been prectising on my mum's nails.

At the beginning of the week she lost a nail tip and I was due to repair it this evening.

She has phoned me just now and said she has a burning sensation on the finger nail. She said if she touches the enhancement it is worse.

Does this sound like a infection? Should I soak the nail and see what I have to deal with?

Could she have ripped the nail so that it is very sore ??

No the nail tip came off and she hadn't realised how it was done so it did not hurt. That was my first thought maybe she had hurt the nail plate some how but she is not aware of anything that actually hurt at the time.

She has just mentioned she may have hurt it on a shopping trip! I think that could be my answer...

Last edited:
If you catch your nail and break the protective seal under the nail free edge (Hyponychium) it is very sore but nothing to actually see....its very painful and can take a while to reattach.

I think it is actual impact pain you know when you catch your finger in something. She says there is nothing there so will have a check tonight. Thanks for your suggestions x

Latest posts

Back