Help! Client's nails are raw what to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donsie

Reaction score
Hi, I have searched on here for an answer but could not find one hence my post.. A customer has just contacted me saying she has had gel extensions done in another salon and they have been hurting her, today they are red around edges and "pinching", she has contacted the person who originally done them and was told to "file them down and they'll be ok"!?!? She was not offered a removal or anything, and when she asked they refused, she does not know what gel was used and I did clarify whether it was gel or acrylics, definitely gel. She is on her way over so I will post a pic of them when she gets here, if they need to be buffed off then I'm worried it will hurt her even more and don't think soaking them is going to be too pleasant either! Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks! 😊

I know someone who went to have her nails done at nns and they hurt for 48 hours, but the owner refused to do anything about it. make sure she signs your form, soak off as best you can if shes happy for you to do that. good luck :rolleyes:

Wait until she arrives and assess from there.

I don't soak nails, I file as much as I can. I do this because you can never know what the condition of the nail is underneath, so I prefer to let them grow out.

It took me 2 and a half hours to file my clients nails on Saturday because she had taken a tumble and torn two of her nails, so I had to be extra careful. But it was well worth it, she was really happy.

Thank you both, much appreciated 😊

I can't upload a photo from my phone for some reason! Argh! I'm really stumped as to what she has on her nails, they have all sunk in at the apex and left dents, she says it feels like their being pulled upwards and if she applies pressure to the dents the pain isn't so bad??? She has 2 nails with black tips, which she says don't feel as painful? Could it be the tips have reacted with the gel? Anyways, I am going to begin buffing.. This may take a while!! 😳

Thank you both, much appreciated 😊

I can't upload a photo from my phone for some reason! Argh! I'm really stumped as to what she has on her nails, they have all sunk in at the apex and left dents, she says it feels like their being pulled upwards and if she applies pressure to the dents the pain isn't so bad??? She has 2 nails with black tips, which she says don't feel as painful? Could it be the tips have reacted with the gel? Anyways, I am going to begin buffing.. This may take a while!! 😳

How did it go ?

Maybe still buffing 😳😊

Are you still buffing Donsie ?:biggrin:

Hi girls, sorry only now replying, I couldn't find the original thread for a while ha! Well where do I start..!! I buffed them off in the end, had a good old workout on my biceps! All jokes aside, her nails must have had some kind of reaction to the gel used because they looked like they were lifting from the nail bed. I had to refuse to put any extensions on incase any further damage was done, I gave her nourishing oil for her cuticles and advised her to apply it daily, lo and behold, she text me the next day saying her actual nails were falling off!! She has since contacted trading standards regarding the other "nail tech" and apparently this is not the first time a complaint has been made against her!! So shocking!! But at least I now have a lovely new loyal customer who has recommended me to every woman and her dog so I'm inundated with business! All that worrying paid off! 😊👍 thanks for your help fellow geeks! 💋 xx

How horrid, the poor woman :irked:

Latest posts

Back