Help! Exposed Nail Bed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luby Lewis

Reaction score
I have a client who has ripped her little finger nail (a bit) Its not horrendous but is exposing a bit of her nail bed. I have searched the forum & their seems to be a few options. I would welcome any help. Many thanks :0)

Anyone out there willing to suggest something??

Hiya,

Is it bleeding or still moist iykwim?

I believe its dry...but can you give me info if its moist as well! havent come across this before :0( she will be here in a min!

Ok, if it's moist, it means there is still a break in the nail plate/skin, which I would not therefor apply anything too as it means there is a route of entry into the body & you could cause over exposure. So I would ask her to come back for you to deal with that nail ina day or two.

If it is dry/healed then I would clean with scrubfresh and enhance with L&P/Gel as normal.

Good luck - let us know how you get on xxxx

As Bev says, once it is dry you could even protect the area with a tip which will help her nail grow back over that area. if she has natural nails. Working around any open skin is a contraindication for nail enhancement. xx

Latest posts

Back