• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Salon Geek and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

help finding jobs!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenlovesnails

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me with finding jobs? im a fully qualified nail technician, and have been working with bio sculpture for 3 years now, would like to change from my current salon, but just want to get other peoples opinions on whether i have gone down the right avenues?

I have signed up to websites i can find advertising nail jobs
I have looked up local salons in the yellow pages, and sent out my cv to these.

Do you think there is anything else i can do?

any help would be great!

Hi, can anyone help me with finding jobs? im a fully qualified nail technician, and have been working with bio sculpture for 3 years now, would like to change from my current salon, but just want to get other peoples opinions on whether i have gone down the right avenues?

I have signed up to websites i can find advertising nail jobs
I have looked up local salons in the yellow pages, and sent out my cv to these.

Do you think there is anything else i can do?

any help would be great!
How about working for your self? After 3 years I'm sure you have a client base, and as I've said before clients tend to go with the tech not the salon. I would look at renting a room or beter yet if you can, have a home salon. But I don't like other peeps calling the shots:lol:

How about working for your self? After 3 years I'm sure you have a client base, and as I've said before clients tend to go with the tech not the salon. I would look at renting a room or better yet if you can, have a home salon. But I don't like other peeps calling the shots:lol:

Actually I have to disagree and say that this is not my experience.

When I had my '3 nails only' salons, over 10 years you can imagine that girls came and went in that time. 99% of the clients stayed with the salon and did not follow the technicians despite some of them out and out trying to recruit the clients, stealing Client records etc.

ALL my technicians were good and I never let any client get too entrenched with just one technician either. Repairs were, for instance, always done by any technician who was free at the time to do them and the clients got to have their nails done by most everyone and knew they all did an excellent job so there wasn't the incentive to move on with a technician if they left. People came to us because of location and reputation and very very few moved on ... the clients legally belong to the salon not the technician (unless they rent space and work for themselves).

Most clients initially go to a salon because of reputation or convenient location and not because they come through the door looking for a particular technician. Any salon owner who is smart will not let individual technicians get to 'close' to the clients either so that they dare not try anyone else.

Latest posts

Back