Help! Foliage lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgeex

Reaction score
Hi guys I’m doing a foliage tomorrow on one of my clients, I done a balayage on it about 5 months ago and it didn’t lift past a 7, she wants it as light and Ashy as possible. I’ve explained that it takes a few goes before it’s really light and it’s the best way to keep her hair healthy too. If her hair doesn’t lift to atleast a 9 tomorrow and stays at level 8 what would be a good toner to use? Thankyou guys:)

Why didn’t it lift light enough the first time?
Are you removing old colour or is it naturally very dark, level 2/3?

What brand do you normally use?

I use wella colour touch usually. She naturally is probably a 4-5 and used wella blondor Bleach powder and 6% as wanted a slow lift so didn’t damage hair to much. She had natural hair so not sure why it wouldn’t lift past a 7.

That’s very odd.
Did you use foils when you did the balayage? If you were leaving it open to the air, you probably should have used a clay based bleach as it doesn't dry out as quickly and a higher vol of developer.

Hey, thanks for replying! I done it yesterday and it turned out fine, her hair lifted to a 10+ so worked out amazing!! I’m not sure why it wouldn’t lift before, I didn’t use foil last time but thus time I did so maybe it kept the heat in it better to help lift! Thankyou:)

Latest posts

Back