Help from hairdressing professionals for marketing project

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olly905

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Olly and I desperately need help from Hairdressing professionals, particularly if you purchase your own scissors or purchase scissors for your salon. I have a marketing project requiring customer insight about the hairdressing scissors market, so I have a few questions for you and would be very grateful for your views.

Where do you normally buy your scissors? In particular the first pair of professional scissors you bought (excluding those from college).

What is the price that you considered when purchasing these scissors? Is there anything that would convince you to pay more for these scissors?

How did you decide to purchase these scissors? were they recommended or demostrated to you? Had you heard of the makers through reputation?

Thanks so much to everyone who can help me with this project. Any information will be really helpful

Olly Wade

I'm sure you will get some answers but if you use the search facility at the top of this page we had a girl on here last week asking the same questions for her home work so you will be able to see her replies also, hth :hug:

and welcome to salon geek

Hi Olly,

I normally buy my scissors from CAPITAL hairdressing suppliers as they are very local to me, I didnt realy consider a price as such as they were my first pair of professional scissors after finishing training. I decided to purchase these scissors because i knew other people who used them and they are a well known make (joewell) they cost me around £120. Also i knew that they were reliable and that if i had any problems i could go straight back to the company.

Hope this helps CARLY

Where do you normally buy your scissors? In particular the first pair of professional scissors you bought (excluding those from college).

What is the price that you considered when purchasing these scissors? Is there anything that would convince you to pay more for these scissors?

How did you decide to purchase these scissors? were they recommended or demostrated to you? Had you heard of the makers through reputation?

Hi
My first pair of scissors i bought from salonsdirect.com, no idea what i was looking for or what i would be comfortable with so I looked at the £50-£60 mark.
Later on once qualified i really wanted some japanese style scissors and bought some off Asahi , purely beacuse they loked like good quality, and i liked the designs of them. I actually spent £200 on these as i had previously had 3 pairs of 'cheap' ones and they didnt last. I love these japanese scissors.
I think it is a very personal choice, recomendation does help i guess.

Thanks guys, that's been really helpful, sorry about a repost, I just didn't realise anyone had posted here. Cheers

Olly

Latest posts

Back