Help! Getting started

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salonbusiness

Reaction score
Hi,

I have always wanted to re-train to become a hairdresser and have decided that 2010 is the year I am going to do it! However, at 24, I don't think it is right for me to go to college with people who are going to be much younger than me, but also can't afford the whopping £10,000 price tag on the fast track courses at Saks. This is something that I really, really want to do, but feel a bit lost about the best way to go about it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Flo

Go for it you are still a baby.:) I went back to school at 36 there were lots of younger people few older and one that was thr same age. First day hardest after that a breeze.

Go to college and follow your dream, you will not be the old lady in the class :lol:

Definitely college, I am back there now studying in a rom full of 17 year olds (I am 30!) and am never made to feel old, just go for your dream.

i am 37 and started my hairdressing career at college now i am doing level 3 so 3 years ago i was 34 and stating college and was not one of the oldest, my class is mixed from age 47 to age 17 and we all mix well and get on great...your never to old.
january is the right time to enquire and enrol for september as if you leave it too late place will be filled i enquired and put my name down in the january and started in the september....full time usually means 3 days a week until level 3 when its 2 days and salon placement(which if you do it for free will fit in with school hours/term times if needed)

go for it, theres a 65 year old in my class at college! you wont be on ya own youll find theres a few older people in your class, i hope you go for it and good luck :)

thankyou sooo much! all the encouragement has given me the boost I needed! researching courses now!!

I am looking into evening classes- maybe this could work for you?xx

The women in my school all range in age from 18 to 56... so I don't think you should be concerned. There are a lot of 20 somethings at my school.

Latest posts

Back