Help getting started

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephaloph

Reaction score
was wondering if anyone could help me, I'm looking to train as a nail tech in Glasgow. been searching the net for weeks but I still have no idea how to get into the industry! I gather that it will cost money and am willing to pay, but where should I get it? before I started looking I assumed it was something you could learn in a college for free like hairdressing? I now know that isn't the case but can you pay to do it at a college? is there any ILA approved courses that are worth doing? I found one at cardonald college, evenings, 1 day a week 16 weeks, scqf level 6 for £460 does this sound like the thing I should be looking for? what sort of qualification would I need to get started? or is it possible to be self trained/apprentice
I want to train in gel and acrylic and I want to be able to get insurance and start up on my own, I'm already very competent in gels and do my own and friends regularly. and would like to be officially qualified so I can turn my hobbie into a career

There are a lot of topics in training in nails in Scotland already on here. If you use the search facility you'll find some very helpful threads :) I trained at NSI in hillington (the Scottish beauty school) and they accept ILA there is also The Centre Edinburgh (formerly the fingertips centre) and they are fantastic! Hope I helped a little.
Rachel x

Hiya

Id just quickly like to say unless you're really confident don't bother with any one dayers. I did so I could do a 1 day gel course and of course needed a mani quali. Big mistake. Feel like a giant fraud and am now having to shell out more money just to do the course I should have done in the first place.

Good luck xx

I'd highly recommend CND. They will be there for you throughout your training and whole career. Also they are a leading suppler to the industry, producing top of the range yummy products! You really need to do a 'legit' course to get your insurance, and to get an account to buy these amazing products. They do a range of courses, depending on what you want to do. Give them a ring. They have educators all over the country. Wish you all the best for the start of your amazing adventure into a truly wonderful industry. :)
Global Education Programme

Latest posts

Back