Help Hair geeks Re: Colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellewopter

Reaction score
For a start I am not a hair Geek so hope this is in the right place. I am not looking to do this my self I am looking for advice as to how to ask for what I want!!

I had mid blonde I suppose, hi-lighted hair, I went to the hairdresser asking for greyish platinum blonde and came out with light ish blonde colour (nowhere near as light as i would have liked). I am looking for something like the lady gaga grey ish colour but not so grey. My hair isn't dark anyway and goes white blonde in the sun.

Am I communicating wrongly the colour I want? or is this not possible all in one go? she also used a toner which stung like hell to achieve the ash tone but didn't seem to achieve the desired effect, she put it on twice and said i should go back to have it done again if I wanted. I didn't go back as regardless of the tone that was on it my hair wasn't as light as I wanted.

I am due now to go back as I have roots showing so a little advice as to what to ask for would b good!! TY in advance Geeks x

hi hun can you take a pic in with you ? did you choose a shade off a chart ?, sometimes communication gets crossed and it is hard to understand what clients want if they either dont bring a photo in or choose a shade off a chart etc..
if you did all that in your previous visit then i would go back and just tell them it wasnt light enough i am sure they will sort it xxx

Yup did both and also looked on google at images to show her what I wanted. Think it has bee too long to hae her sort it will ust have to pay for another colour

Yup did both and also looked on google at images to show her what I wanted. Think it has bee too long to hae her sort it will ust have to pay for another colour

Hi there. Im pretty sure you are asking for an over toned blond. You want an ash based blond. There are slot of stylists that do not like to go out of their box and over tone. Sounds to me you need to find another afloat with experience and confidence :)

Hi, yes want a really plae ash almost grey blonde, I didnt suggest anything other than showing her the colour which i left her to do. I went to a very upmarket and well used salon so thought that i would be pretty safe and although the effect isnt bad its nothing like i would like. Far too yellow and straw coloured.

Latest posts

Back