Help! Hard gel or Soft gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelsBeauty

Reaction score
Hi all,
A newbie geek here :o

I need a little help with choosing a gel type and system…:irked:

I am currently using Ezflow Gel it! Alternative gel which is a soak of gel , I was trained by Bio Sculpture but stopped using it as it was too expensive and I didn’t really like the colours!:eek:
I find that the Ezflow gel doesn’t last as long:grr: as Bio and is really flexible(too flexible).:mad:

I haven’t used hard gel before and I just wanted to know does it last longer then soak off gel ?

What brands do you all use?:cool:
Also what brands do u find works best for sculptures?:|

Any answers and any tips would be greatly appreciated! Hope to hear from you all soon :wink2:

xXx Cherelle xXx

Gel It is a buff off gel.

I have used both and do prefer a hard (buff off gel)...they don't stain or discolour....they are tough...and no soaking off.

I used a soft gel on my clients and they didn't like it...they didn't like that their nails bent..they want hard nails. They didn't like that they discolored after a while....and they didn't like having soak off's due to some soft gels not being filable...(...is that even a word...:lol:anyway it kinda rips like filing on a rubber band)

With a hard gel i can just thin down with my file and reapply every 3-4 weeks.

Its all personal preference and that of your clients.

They have a new soak off gel system called Gel It! Alternatives

Is the original buff off Gel It! any good ?

I know Infills dont look as nice as a fresh set when it comes to soak off gel!

Do you find Hard gel last longer ?

What brand do u use ?

xXx Chel xXx

Gel it is a very good gel.I prefer to use Calgel but that will be no good because they have less colours than bio.
Maybe you need training with the Ezflow alternatives you will definately need training to use any hard gel it is totally different to bio.
Georgie Smedley in Enfield is the distributer and trainer in Enfield for Ezflow.

I use Akzentz Gel (not the Akzentz Options...thats soak off)

As for lasting longer.....Mmmmm the soak off gel i used to use did last well...but didn't look as good the longer it was on...Akzentz lasts just as well but actually still looks brand new after weeks...so lasting wise...the same....lasting and looking good...Akzentz wins for me.

I love a flexible soak off gel myself, in both application and personal use.

Latest posts

Back