Help Help and a bit more Help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
karrie said:
Hi, there
what did you think of the training at the nail centre, did you think it was good, I had been practicing a long time before I even went on the training, and still practising now, would you sign up to any of her other courses at the nail centre. I have done an addition Liquid and Powder course, but have now signed up to essential nails, which I am doing now, and also would like to do creative nails course in the near future, what do you have planned. The only thing is the expense, it is so expensive to keep doing course after course and then paying out the money for the materials we use to practise??? sorry i am rabbiting on a bit.... thanks

Hi Karrie
I thought the training was good i enjoyed the fibreglass more than gel....i want to go on and do the powder and liquid course and may be nail art but as you say its expense. i did start to do the essential nails gel course but couldnt make the time crazy i know but when at home you find things you need to be doing and with the children well my daughter wouldnt leave me alone!!
The only fault i thought the nail centre had was we didnt get taught enough about rebalancing and how to do it, so its going to be trial and error i think, now i have done gel and fibreglass i may attemp to do the essential nails p&l.
How did you get on with the nail centre?
Im rabbiting on now!!!
Nat

Hi Karrie, Follow Lizas advice but you must go for it or you will regret it, I got offered a space in a hairdressers about four weeks ago now and was so nervous and unsure if I was good enough but it has been the best decision I have made to go for it and it has done my confidence and technique the world of good.

marie111 said:
Hi Karrie, Follow Lizas advice but you must go for it or you will regret it, I got offered a space in a hairdressers about four weeks ago now and was so nervous and unsure if I was good enough but it has been the best decision I have made to go for it and it has done my confidence and technique the world of good.

Thank you so much, I have been reading all the replies and I was nearly at a point where I thought "I cant do it", but I know that I can, I did a full set of acrylics for a lady last night, and she was chuffed to bits with them, she said that they looked really natural and she gave me a £10.00 tip.
Thank you again. I will go ahead with the salon, at the end of the day, if I dont try I will never know. anyway, he said that if I like I can start in 6 weeks, so that would be another 6 weeks non stop practise.

I will let everyone know how I got on
but thanks again, you have really helped me

nat6375 said:
Hi Karrie
I thought the training was good i enjoyed the fibreglass more than gel....i want to go on and do the powder and liquid course and may be nail art but as you say its expense. i did start to do the essential nails gel course but couldnt make the time crazy i know but when at home you find things you need to be doing and with the children well my daughter wouldnt leave me alone!!
The only fault i thought the nail centre had was we didnt get taught enough about rebalancing and how to do it, so its going to be trial and error i think, now i have done gel and fibreglass i may attemp to do the essential nails p&l.
How did you get on with the nail centre?
Im rabbiting on now!!!
Nat

Hi there again
I agree the rebalancing traing was a bit thin. Infact I dont think that she told us anything about rebalance. I just asked questions all the time, she answered me, but that was the only way I found out certain stuff, so best thing to do is book the L&P course and have in your head a load of questions that you would like to ask. Debbi will help with anything that you want to know, but remember to ask. I have emailed her a few times since and she has been really good. Good luck with the training, let me know how you get on. I might do the Manicure and Pedicure with the nail centre next. Is that something that you might consider, if so let me know we could arrange to meet up at the nail centre

thanks for your help

GO FOR IT KARRIE AND LET US KNOW HOW IT ALL GOES!

A £10 TIP VERY GOOD YOU MUST HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB.

I WILL CALL IN AND SEE YOU WHEN YOU ARE UP AND GOING JUST LET ME KNOW YOUR DETAILS IN A FEW MONTHS TIME.

CAZ XXX

karrie said:
Thank you so much, I have been reading all the replies and I was nearly at a point where I thought "I cant do it", but I know that I can, I did a full set of acrylics for a lady last night, and she was chuffed to bits with them, she said that they looked really natural and she gave me a £10.00 tip.
Thank you again. I will go ahead with the salon, at the end of the day, if I dont try I will never know. anyway, he said that if I like I can start in 6 weeks, so that would be another 6 weeks non stop practise.

I will let everyone know how I got on
but thanks again, you have really helped me

Yes i think i will do the p&l course and could be worth doing the manicure and pedicure, and also the nail art, it would be great to meet up...i can use you for hints and tips lol!!!!!

Thanks
Nat

karrie said:
Hi there again
I agree the rebalancing traing was a bit thin. Infact I dont think that she told us anything about rebalance. I just asked questions all the time, she answered me, but that was the only way I found out certain stuff, so best thing to do is book the L&P course and have in your head a load of questions that you would like to ask. Debbi will help with anything that you want to know, but remember to ask. I have emailed her a few times since and she has been really good. Good luck with the training, let me know how you get on. I might do the Manicure and Pedicure with the nail centre next. Is that something that you might consider, if so let me know we could arrange to meet up at the nail centre

thanks for your help

caz3 said:
GO FOR IT KARRIE AND LET US KNOW HOW IT ALL GOES!

A £10 TIP VERY GOOD YOU MUST HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB.

I WILL CALL IN AND SEE YOU WHEN YOU ARE UP AND GOING JUST LET ME KNOW YOUR DETAILS IN A FEW MONTHS TIME.

CAZ XXX

That would be great. The nerves are setting in now, I have a meeting with him on tuesday to discuss everything...then I can start when I want. I will keep everyone posted on how I am getting on, thanks to everyone for their help and advice, and thanks Caz you are a gem....

Your welcome Kerry even if I have to leave kids with hubby one weekend so I can come and have my nails done, I can be one of your first paying clients in the Salon.
Good luck love you will get there in the end.
Caz xxx

karrie said:
That would be great. The nerves are setting in now, I have a meeting with him on tuesday to discuss everything...then I can start when I want. I will keep everyone posted on how I am getting on, thanks to everyone for their help and advice, and thanks Caz you are a gem....

caz3 said:
Your welcome Kerry even if I have to leave kids with hubby one weekend so I can come and have my nails done, I can be one of your first paying clients in the Salon.
Good luck love you will get there in the end.
Caz xxx

Mega,
I will let you know how i get on on tuesday, cheers buddy:)

karrie said:
Mega,
I will let you know how i get on on tuesday, cheers buddy:)

I dont know what the hell to do now. My husband has just sat down and worked some figures out for me. If i work three days a week then I will have to put my little girl into childcare, which will cost about 50.00 per week, then the salon owner wants 40% ofwhat I earn, so out of that 60% of what I earn, I have to take out a % for my materials, % for child care % towards replenashing stocks. Because I can onloy work three days a week from 9.30 - 3.30, I dont have much time. So infact the salon owner will be taking home more than me each week...I have this meeting with him on Tuesday, I think I am going to have to ask for a better % or I am not going to be able to do it....Unless I take the opportunity little earning or not..just to get the start I need, what do you think....Help me please I feel like I am going round the bend

Karrie,
Just go and have this talk with him on Tuesday it will not cost you anything and maybe when you do this things will look clearer to you.
I know it all sounds bad when working out childcare this is why I really want to work from home but I know you can not do this in your situation dear.
If you go and see him see how you feel if things feel good and you think this will be a great starting out point for you, then this will make your mind up and although you will not be seeing the money to start with you will be gaining lots of experiance and you will have your foot in the door. How long till the little one will be at school full time?
Karrie this is what I would do I am not telling you to do this but I think it is what I would do for all I know you can not afford to do this you might need the money to live on! If you go out to work can you not get help with childcare through working tax credits?
Take care love I am sure others will help I must go.
Caz xxx

caz3 said:
Karrie,
Just go and have this talk with him on Tuesday it will not cost you anything and maybe when you do this things will look clearer to you.
I know it all sounds bad when working out childcare this is why I really want to work from home but I know you can not do this in your situation dear.
If you go and see him see how you feel if things feel good and you think this will be a great starting out point for you, then this will make your mind up and although you will not be seeing the money to start with you will be gaining lots of experiance and you will have your foot in the door. How long till the little one will be at school full time?
Karrie this is what I would do I am not telling you to do this but I think it is what I would do for all I know you can not afford to do this you might need the money to live on! If you go out to work can you not get help with childcare through working tax credits?
Take care love I am sure others will help I must go.
Caz xxx

Hi Caz
My daughter (indi) will be starting school in september but only for a couple of morning a week, then she will start full time after christmas I think. This is the thing, If I could just get through the next few months earning very little money, the experience will be invaluble and then before I know it I can work more and more because both kids will be at school. But if I dont do it then I suppose I will look back and think "bugger" I wish I had gone for it....
Oh god I feel like I am talking myself into this now. Anyway, you have been really kind and your advice has been much appreciated. This Man I am seeing on Tuesday is as gay as you can get, and he is really really funny, very camp, so I am sure that I will come out of there on tuesday fealing better anyway, because he tries to deny the fact that he is gay......and its so obvious "ahh bless".... Anyway thanks again cax, you must be just like me, cant be bothered to get on with the housework, no school run to do, so just jumped onto the computer and left the kids playing...:)
Karrie

Yes more relaxed as no school run but I do have a meeting at the bank at 10.30 so really should not be on the PC talking to you LOL! I just want to be a little help as I know what it is like my mind is running over time at the mo with what to do next in my training with nails.
Talk soon the chap you may work with sounds great I am sure all will be fine.
Chin up!
Caz xxx

karrie said:
Hi Caz
My daughter (indi) will be starting school in september but only for a couple of morning a week, then she will start full time after christmas I think. This is the thing, If I could just get through the next few months earning very little money, the experience will be invaluble and then before I know it I can work more and more because both kids will be at school. But if I dont do it then I suppose I will look back and think "bugger" I wish I had gone for it....
Oh god I feel like I am talking myself into this now. Anyway, you have been really kind and your advice has been much appreciated. This Man I am seeing on Tuesday is as gay as you can get, and he is really really funny, very camp, so I am sure that I will come out of there on tuesday fealing better anyway, because he tries to deny the fact that he is gay......and its so obvious "ahh bless".... Anyway thanks again cax, you must be just like me, cant be bothered to get on with the housework, no school run to do, so just jumped onto the computer and left the kids playing...:)
Karrie

Latest posts

Back