Help how to do this grey colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauraa1981

Reaction score
I have never done grey colour before on a client. I am puzzeled the below is the client and the disired grey colour. What lv do i need to lighten the hair to achieve this and what colour do i put on top to be a darker grey colour lile the picture below

Attachments

• IMG_20170126_222151.jpg
    IMG_20170126_222151.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 93
Looks more like khaki than grey to me , very Matt almost green based ash

You have to lift the hair to a pale yellow, tone out the yellow and then use a grey toner. What colours do you normally work with?

You have to lift the hair to a pale yellow, tone out the yellow and then use a grey toner. What colours do you normally work with?

Thankyou so much. I just use the brand Yellow. I dont work in a salon anymore and colour on a not so regular bases. To keep cost done and to get more out of the tube i use this brand. Dont critercize lol

Sorry im on my phone not sure if you soar the disired hair colour. Although grey it is on a darker level. To be clear do I still need to bleach to yellow then tone and use silver tonner? Is there a darker silver tonner to get it darker like the picture. Hope this isnt a stupid question

Attachments

• 20170128_133124.png
    20170128_133124.png
    648.6 KB · Views: 58

Yes I took a closer look and your right. If I was to put say a 6.66 ontop of the khaki would this take it to the disired dark grey in the picture?

Yes I took a closer look and your right. If I was to put say a 6.66 ontop of the khaki would this take it to the desired dark grey like in the picture?

Isn't 6.66 red?

Yes I took a closer look and your right. If I was to put say a 6.66 ontop of the khaki would this take it to the desired dark grey like in the picture?

The desired picture is a slate grey silvery blueish you will still need to prelighten to inside of a banana yellow at least to get that grey result I cannot offer any formulas as I do not know what colour line you use

No matter what colour line you use, you will have to pre lighten to a pale yellow, tone out the yellow and use a dark grey

Okay :)) what colour do you recomend to put on banna yellow. Should i purple tone with say 10.2 first?

You may need to pre tone first then deposit your slate grey although being a darker grey and not a silver as such it may not be needed you can always test strand

I use 10.12 to tone out yellow

Yes I use 10.12 or a 9.2 to tone out excess yellow.....
But as mentioned you need to get to pale yellow before you even consider going grey or even slate grey.
Your first picture she's a very dark Matt so will take a couple of attempts I reckon. Don't use 666 ......I don't know whether I've missed something but you will be going backwards if you do this. But yes red nautralises the green.....But you don't need to do that, you need to strip it out.

I'm not aware of 'yellow' do they have a grey range?
The second colour you have showed us is a guy tang so it's also metallic x

Sorry im on my phone not sure if you soar the disired hair colour. Although grey it is on a darker level. To be clear do I still need to bleach to yellow then tone and use silver tonner? Is there a darker silver tonner to get it darker like the picture. Hope this isnt a stupid question

Hi Laura

I'm not sure if its available in Australia but I have used Nirvel Art X in Gray to achieve the colour shown in the photo.

I think that can probably be achieved with kenra metallics?

Hi Laura

I'm not sure if its available in Australia but I have used Nirvel Art X in Gray to achieve the colour shown in the photo.

omg great and yes i have found it here. So cheap also. Just perfect

Latest posts

Back